ewido 4 beta

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by Badcompany, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    Every time I try to download the beta vision I receive the free vision not the full one.Can anyone help.
    BC.

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Where did you download the beta version? Did you download it from Grisoft's beta site?

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

You have to first sign-up for the beta, did you do that.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  4. Badcompany

Hello Chubb,
    yes i did.

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hello Badcompany

What is the name of the file that you have downloaded? Is it "ewido-setup.exe" of size 1,600,272 bytes? It is the beta file 4.0.0.151. Do you get this one? As of today, the beta file is still at 4.0.0.151. I cannot post the direct link here, because it may be against the beta DNA.

6. Badcompany

Hi Chubb this is the file i download today from Grisoft. File Size Description
    ewido-setup.exe 1 562,77 KB Beta Build #150
    BC.

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The desciption #150 and file size 1,562,77 is incorrect. It is the webmaster's mistake who failed to update the site with the correct info.

If you click the link to download the file, it should be 1,600,272 bytes!!!

After you have downloaded the file, right-click on the file and choose properties. It should have a size 1,600,272 bytes!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2006
  8. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

The size is correct

1562,77 kB x 1024 = 1600276 bytes

9. Badcompany

I clicked on the file and it did say 1,600,272. when i download the file it only downloads 1.562,77. I don't understand, any idea's.
    Bc.

10. btman

btman Registered Member

The free version is the full version so what does it matter? Just download it, update it. Go to the main screen and click enter license code and walaaa you have Ewido 4.0 full version..

11. Badcompany

Hi btman,
    I don't have a licence code i want to try it before i purchase. the free version does not have auto updates or the shield.

12. btman

btman Registered Member

Is there 2 versions? Just download and see, because I just downloaded it got my 14 day trial out of it and then yeah... it went free version.

13. Badcompany

There is two versions the free one and the beta one, the beta version lasts 30 day's, with all functions working.
    BC.

14. mikbhoy

mikbhoy Registered Member

hi i had the same problem,when you register you have to include ewido in the products you want to beta test then it is available to download.hope this helps.

15. Badcompany

Hi Mikbhoy,
    I did register Ewido but it still downloaded the free version.
    Bc.

16. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks for pointing out. :p

There should be only one version in the Grisoft beta site, and that is the beta version 4.0.0.151. If you do not have a license code, the beta will function for only 30 days, after which real time protection and automatic update will be disabled. I am not sure what happens after 30 days, since I have entered my license key for the beta 4.0, but it will probably become the 4.0 beta free version with no real time protection and automatic updates.

If you download the 3.5 version, it will also become the free version with no real time protection after the trial period.

17. Badcompany

Hi Chubb,
    I have just found out my problem, I downloaded Beta 4 on Friday but it would not update so i uninstalled and reinstalled, that was my problem.Ewido Beta 4 will only let you download the full program once,if you download it again you only receive the free version.Thank you all for your help, and info.
    Badcompany.

18. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Do you mean you get version 3.5 from the Grisoft beta site when you want to download 4.0 beta again from the Grisoft beta site? Actually, when you download the file (3.5 or 4.0 beta), it is the full version. It will only become the free version after the trial period.

19. Badcompany

No, you get the full version of 4 from Grisoft the first time you download it, but after that you only get version 4 free, as if the trial period had finished.So you are only permitted one download of the full program.I had the full progam for only 1hr, every time i download beta 4 now, i get only the free version of beta 4
    BC.

20. btman

btman Registered Member

Doesn't the free version still say Enter License Code under status....

21. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

There is no difference between the "full version" and "free version"; there is only one version. The beta version acts like the "full version", with the guard active. The only difference is if you enter the license code the Status page will show

Version: 4.0.0.151 plus
    Permium Support: Yes
    Premium Updates: Yes

22. Badcompany

Hi ,
    Here is a screenshot of my version , you can see there is no resident shield and auto updates is disabled etc.
    BC.

Attached Files:

23. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Sorry for the incorrect "information" I posted; I though the guard would be active for all beta testers.

But either way, there is only one installer. Once the license code is entered, the version information will change. (You can use the license code from 3.5 if you have it.)

24. Badcompany

Hi pwillener,
    I don't have a license code, I just wanted to try Ewido 4.I can't decide between A-Squared and Ewido.What do you think of these two programs.
    Bc.

25. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Let's keep our support questions\queries focused on ewido Please given this is the ewido support forum.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.