Ewido 4.0 upgrade

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ramblinrose, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramblinrose

ramblinrose Registered Member

Hello, I need to ask first so I know I am doing right way. I am a pc novice. I appreciated any help. I downloaded a new version ewido 4.0 and saved it...I already have ewido 3.5 installed (paid version).

What is the proper way? If I remember, I need to uninstall old first? Is that right? Please advise me....If I need to uninstall old, I should do search feature making sure everything is gone?

Or I should just keep ewido 3.5 anyway? Thanks so much! Regards, Rose

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I will offer personal preference of my procedure no matter what program....which is to un-install previous version....re-boot system and then install new version. The un-install should remove all remnants of a program but I do choose to double check for any left overs via search as you call it.

Below is also a quote of what a ewido Team member suggested in the version 4 annoncement thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=777983#post777983
    Since you have the paid version you will need to convert your old code into a new key code as explained in the below announcement post.

ewido anti-spyware 4.0.0.172 final is available now!

HTH,
    Bubba

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Rose,
    Best to uninstall 3.5 first, reboot and install version 4 afterwards.
    Also have a look, if no directory was left from the previous version, so you could remove it.

Hope that helps. ;)

Edit: Bubba was faster :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It's all good ;)

5. ramblinrose

:D Thank you so much!! That was very clear I was able to understand!! Yes I already have a new key code they gave me for new version when I upgraded. hugs, Rose :) :thumb:

6. ramblinrose

Hello I am back...I hope someone will come back again....Bubba or Eldar?? I have few questions o_O

Here is a link https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136412

I clicked on upgrade after I type in my key code and I received a new download of ewido 4.0.172. I wonder about what others were talking about? 172a? I hope this is a real ewido program I installed on my pc. o_O

OK, I clicked on *remove tracking cookies automatically* and *automatically generate report after every scan*. Is that ok?

Could you give me an advice about *How to act? Recommended actions*?

BTW, everything went smooth and thank you so much for your help. Regards, Rose

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I don't know what it is all about, and I'm not going to worry either! Ewido has been upgrading itself through the updater over the last couple of days; perhaps 4.0.172a simply includes those changes we have all got now anyway?
    Yes of course, but unless you also tick the box to only generate Reports if threats were found, you will end up getting a Report after every single scan. This is unnecessary since you only need a Report if something is found, so that you have details to refer back to. Reports are kept in C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\Reports and will soon mount up if you keep the blank ones as well.
    The Help manual explains this to you, but if in doubt just select the default value and ewido will automatically choose a suitable action - basically it will Quarantine or delete according to the nature of the problem. You won't want to Quarantine cookies, for example, but other files may be best Quarantined. You can also choose to ignore or exclude, but this is explained in the Help manual.
    I've been playing around with that feature myself and I have yet to discover how it works! I deliberately allowed tracking cookies onto my system, but the Guard did not prevent this. However, when I went to my Cookie folder and clicked the trackers the Guard instantly deleted them - so I'm not really sure what the full value of this feature is at the moment.

8. ramblinrose

Thank you for replying back to me. I appeciated it...Yes I know there is help manual but sometimes it's easier for me when someone explained to me. Otherwise I need my hubby to explain but he know nothing about pc!! So thank you, TopperID. It was very helpful. Regards, Rose :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.