EvidenceEliminator

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Sweetie(*)(*), Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi,
    can anyone tell me if the program Evidence Eliminator is any good?

also i have been using a pro called REST2514 for recovery and secure deletion of files it also cleans free space, i cant seem 2 find any info on it though, it was given to me by a friend, it seems 2 b free ware. if any1 has any info, that would be great, thankx.

2. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I have not used EE so i cannot tell you how good it is although i have heard a lot of mixed reports about the program, mostly bad.

There are other alternatives though, one that was recommended to me on this forum and that is Eraser.
    Its freeware and can be found here.....
    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

3. Newkid

Newkid Spyware Fighter

4. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

We should be honest about the link to "Privacy Software Review".....There are thousands of such "review" sites for all kinds of software products. They are nothing more than shopping portals set up so the owners can receive "affiliate" or "referral" money. The links from the site linked in the previous post all have affiliate ID numbers attached to their links to the products. It's a shopping site - not a review site.

Evidence Eliminator? The program is marketed with tactics that can only be described as disgusting. It is also far from being the top-rated program of its kind. What Evidence Eliminator is rated #1 in is affiliate payments. Last I heard, it was at 50%(!) That's why the program is "reviewed" so highly. My advice on EE: Stay Away.

Better choices: Tracks Eraser Pro, Window Washer, Eraser......actually many others.

Good luck!

John
    Luv2BSecure

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

100 dollars?? Isn't Eraser free?

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

According to their site the $100 is "Your Winning Discount", apparantly the "normal Price" is $150. :rolleyes: :D Link

7. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Thank you all very much i will stay away from EE, u know they sent me an email to say that my isp was being investigated and i should be worried about all different kinds of things etc.

it seems they are big on scare tactics, as i dont really have any evidence to remove, i just want 2 keep my system clean.

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i have restoration, ive used it a couple of times without any problems, it is freeware :D but i use eraser for secure deletion, just because it is known to work well :)
    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

10. luv2bsecure

Thanks Jan, I forgot about all that stuff at RadSoft. At one time - they might still - they even released an Evidence Eliminator Eliminator!

EE is just really bad, bad software made worse by their marketing tactics - and by the tactics of those affiliates who make 50% off an EE purchase. Bad news software.

John
    Luv2BSecure

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I fully agree ;)

Or IEClean/NSClean/FileVac ;)

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

No problem John ! ;)

I am so happy to see you back again !!!!!

Yep, I think they still have it.

All my best wishes and the most warmest regards to you John !!!

Jan.

13. luv2bsecure

Thank you, Jan. You're so nice! It feels good to be back again. It's like meeting up with family you haven't seen in a long time. :D

14. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

If you just want a secure shredder, Spybot S&D has one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.