Everyone 'to be research patient' , says David Cameron

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Daveski17, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Every NHS patient should be a "research patient" with their medical details "opened up" to private healthcare firms, says David Cameron.

I don't know about anyone else who lives in the UK or the Commonwealth, but I have serious reservations of allowing NHS details to be given to the private sector. The premise seems like a good idea for the advancement of medical research, but I have issues about just handing over private data to the private sector. If I wanted to live in a country with no NHS I'd move to America.

Nick Pickles, of civil liberties group Big Brother Watch, said: "It is for patients, not the government, to decide what happens with their medical information. It appears that commercial interests are being put ahead of patient privacy and that is unacceptable."

No kidding eh Mr Pickles?

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

From the article:
    Great, and while we are at it, why not put some surveillance cameras in your home too? To make sure you are in good health, of course.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Jeez ... don't give them ideas ... :eek: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.