Ever tried these FREE anti-spyware programs?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 10390bc, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Thanks Notageek. i already have SSM & Reg Prot. i don't have them running because when i first downloaded Reg Prot & installed it, i couldn't figure out which programs to allow & which not to allow(so i erased it with Goback). Now i know when you first start Reg Prot to generally allow everything, but after that is where the problems arise. I mean how do you know what changes to allow? Seems abit complicated to me and i don't want to screw up my system. I'm assuming SSM is about the same as Reg Prot when it comes to the registry monitor part of it. They seem like good programs and i will eventually choose one or the other when i finally figure them out- someday. i just wish they were a bit more newbie friendly.

2. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Yes that's true. SSM tells you what program that the registry key belongs to. I just haven't used that function yet.

3. 10390bc

Hey Notageek thanks for reminding me of SSM. It's a great program. i got it up and running & it's really not that difficult to use. It's like having a second firewall- so cool! :cool: I wonder how well it actually protects you, maybe it's as good as a quality firewall. I just had it sitting in my computer but never used it. glad i finally did. Best of all it's totally free! :D

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

No problem at all. But I would still run a firewall with SSM. SSM is kind of a sandbox type tool that goes great with a firewall.

5. 10390bc

I would never be without a firewall or antivirus. i always remember the basics (i think). i'm running NPF at this time, but i will most likely try a new one like Zonealarm when my subscription runs out. You really know your stuff. i owe you one. :cool:

6. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I like Bazooka a bit, I download a fair bit of programs online (Mostly from http://www.pricelessware.org/ - As its checked for Spyware etc, but, I still scan it) So far neither Spybot, Adware, Or bazooka have found anything...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.