Event ID 6004 after Installing Version 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jachoreng, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jachoreng

jachoreng Registered Member

On 4/10/09 I upgraded from V2.7 to V4 (4.0.417.0) and have been getting ID 6004 messages in Event Viewer ever since. I know that the events are related to Nod32 since I have never received this error and they started occurring immdeiately after upgrading to V4.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Also, in a past thread you were dealing with more than one machine, is that still the case today and is this happening on all PC's ?

V2.7 Upgrade to V3

4. jachoreng

Bubba,

Yes, I upgraded from V2.7 to V4 on three of our workstations. All three machines are now getting the same error messages. The errors occur whenever the user accesses a network share.

I just ran a test on my computer. I checked the event log prior to accessing a network share to see when the last event occurred. I then accessed a file on one of the network shares. I then went back into the event viewer and noticed a new ID6004 event that was a result of my test.

After this, I uninstalled V4.0, rebooted, deleted ESET directories and rebooted again. I then reinstalled V2.7 and re-ran the above test. This time, I did not get the event 6004 message.

I then completely uninstalled V2.7 and installed V3.0.684.0. After installing V3, I once again re-ran the test and did not receive the error message.

The conclusion appears to be that there is something wrong with the latest build of V4. I hope the above troubleshooting steps help find a solution.

Thanks.

5. jachoreng

It's been a week since I posted my response to Bubba and have not received any follow-up posts. Has Eset acknowledged that there is a problem with the current build?

Also, I left a voicemail for tech support to call me and they have not responded either.

6. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Takes a while to get a phone call

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

8. jachoreng

Is it a stable release? Has the problem that I was having been corrected or is this a trial and error test?

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I can only speak for my past\present installations and say that all builds from ver 2.* to 4.* have been stable.

In looking for "ID 6004" issues, I have seen a couple of different descriptions. In event viewer what does the "ID 6004" description actually say and does it mention packets and\or hdw drivers ?

10. jachoreng

Bubba,

This is what the entry in the system log looks like:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: EventLog
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 6004
    Date: 4/11/2009
    Time: 2:10:47 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: XXXX
    Description:
    A driver packet received from the I/O subsystem was invalid. The data is the packet.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.