evaluation question on keyloggers

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by MC, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC

MC Guest

I am evaluating TDS-3 prior to purchase, and I wonder if anyone can help me with a question I have on it.

Does TDS-S in scan mode (as opposed to execution protection) detect keystoke loggers that are not part of trojans (eg winwhatwhere). I am aware that it will detect trojans that include keyloggers.

thaks
    MC

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi MC,

There are many keyloggers (commercial or otherwise) that are specified in the primaries list and indeed there are many varants/versions of WWW listed there (see attached)

Hope this helps

Dan

Attached Files:

3. MC

MC Guest

Dan

Thanks a lot. It is a definitional point whether a purposely installed commercial keylooger is a trojan, but at least in the case of TDS-3 that clears that up indubitably.

MC

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hopefully, everyone is aware of the fact that WWW has changed names - they're now called TrueActive Software:
    http://www.trueactive.com/news/name.asp .

Cruise those pages for a little bit and you'll see that the latest version of that software is 5.0 (oh, noooooooo....! <g>). Pete

*Hmm - I wonder what that: "The Active Anti-Spyware detector function is disabled." represents? Can't get it in the evaluation version. Wondering if it just lets you know if there are anti-keylogging monitoring programs present on the computer - or whether it also tries to disable them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.