European Networks Are Joining Forces to Take On Netflix and Amazon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7/9/2018 by Scott Roxborough

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

What they should do is work together with ISP's, they should offer their content directly via cable or IPTV. Most of Netflix content is crap anyway, so by offering quality movies and series for a good price they should be able to battle Netflix. For example, Film1 which is owned by Sony is hardly offering 400 movies, why not at least 1000? And they still charge you 15 euro for this, no wonder it's not that popular.

https://www.film1.nl/films/?type=all&category=0

3. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Seeing the staggering amount of content available that some of these "gray area" IPTV providers offer for less than half of what cable or satellite subscriptions cost. It seems to me the media broadcasters, and major satellite and cable TV need to stop milking the industry with their measly one or two hundred or less channels and throw the doors open to all that content and bury companies like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It's not that I'm against Netflix, but I feel like they pushed the envelope, they should have sticked to offering quality over quantity. I really don't care about most of that Netflix Originals crap.

I wonder when Hulu will finally be available in Holland, luckily you can easily switch to another streaming company per month. BTW, I didn't even know that Netflix is now also available directly via DVR, this means that you don't need to connect your TV to the internet anymore, pretty cool.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2015/10/14/kpn-adds-netflix-to-its-iptv-platform/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.