eTrust v. 7 promo needs update?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by c0ltran3, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

It's still on my computer. Wasn't in the mood to uninstall again. There are things that I do like about eTrust v.7, and some things that I don't. One of the dislike is, I scheduled a system scan and when the start time arrived, I couldn't tell if the scan was running. Only when I tried to edit the schedule for a different time, was I told the scan was in progress. It would be nice if the GUI popped up while the scan was in progress.

I also found out that there is no tech support for this product. I sent an e-mail to tech support about the RTM problem only to receive a reply stating they only their support EZ product. I guess I can't complain too much about that. After all the AV is free.

I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing the product. I'm not. Just a few coments.

2. Oomingmak

Oomingmak Registered Member

Can anyone who is using eTrust v.7 promo please let me know if it's adding stuff to NTFS datastreams of all files (as mentioned in >> this << thread).

Thank you.

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Im glad you are giving it a good try out . Regarding the scheduled scanning If you Launch the e trust anti virus then click on "schedule job statistics " the tab under "help" and next to the blue real time monitor icon up the top left . it will display the scanning statistics whilst the schedule scan is scanning . I just do manual scans and alternate between vet and innoculateIT. I usually keep vet as real time monitor. I have activated the heuristics for both real time monitor and the on access scanner . keep us up to date with how you find things . As although there is not support officially there is an amazing resource library that you can access at CA associates which covers most things . But really once you have tuned it into your needs it just flows effortlessly along with out any hassles at all . Just daily updates ( which should by default be automatic )

4. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Thanks for the tips and the help.:) I still have it running and it seems to be running smoothly. :)

5. zorrozorrito

zorrozorrito Guest

I feel better with this AV as time goes on!!!. very very good, and updates everyday. Good detections with vet scanning on access and inoculate scanning on demand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.