eTrust® Personal Firewall vs zonealarm pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by purplegold, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplegold

purplegold Registered Member

I have used the two firewalls ,finding that they are much like each other .
    etrust personal firewall ,which is an OEM product by zonelabs company,Current Version: r5.5 .114, but zonealarm pro version is 6.1.744.is there any difference between the two?I don not really care about the antispy function in the new version ,so considering the firewall defense ,which is better (ignoring the antispy ablity) ?
    thanks for any input

2. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

They are pretty much the same. The eTrust EZ Firewall uses the same True Vector Engine from Zone Labs under reciprocal arrangements made by the 2 companies(ZL is allowed to use CA's VET engine for their AV). The only difference is the user interface(UI) and the true vector engine in EZFirewall isn't as up-to-date as with the actual ZA releases (similarly ZA's VET engine isn't as up-to-date as eTrust's).

3. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but ZA Pro 6 offers a triple defense FW, not sure about eTrusts FW in which I dont think so.

4. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

Thats correct because eTurst is still not yet using version 6 of the True Vector Engine(OSFirewall is only available from vesion 6). When they upgrade to the version 6 engine, its still up to them to decide whether to include the feature.

5. purplegold

purplegold Registered Member

thank you very much for your replies.ignoring the OS firewall and its antispy function ,i think there basic firewall function is almostly the same.and also i really hate the High vsmon CPU and RAM usage by using the version 6,on the other hand ,ZA pro 5.5114 is the most stabilization and i think is the most representative product in zonelabs products

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.