eTrust EZ Antivirus 2005 r7.0.7.7 - Mini review and thoughts

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sputnik, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

This would be my position on all of this CA business decision stuff. Yes, you are correct I am not what you would call a fan. I have used several different AV products over the years. They have all done a fair job of protecting me. Only one bug in over 4 years. While I certainly have my opinions too. All I want is good basic virus protection from my AV. All the rest is just for my fun and enjoyment meaning the features and GUI. Which is likely why at the end of the one year licenses. I switch around...just to keep things fresh.

As for layoffs and poor treatment of employees this happens at large companies generally. Most of it is not personal. It is sad however. Just today HP had layoffs in the thousands I think. But I do not want to go here as this I believe was way off topic.

Thank you all for your comments and I hope we helped Stylewarz as much as he helped me with his screen shots and review (his opinion). :)

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Contacting Computer Associates was very relavent to this thread. If someone wants to post their experience with a certain product I am all for it. I do feel however though, that if someone posts outlandish statements that "so and so" said this, then that company should have every right to respond. If you were to post such a statement about NOD32 do you not think someone from Eset would not respond. People come to this board looking for advice on how to secure their computers. If false statements are made, then they should be corrected. This will give people a much better review of the products. This was staying on topic. As for being a fan of EZAV, well lets just say it's an anti-virus people. Not a huge thing in my life. I have said before that if I had to pay full price, and I was the only one on this PC then I would have made a different choice, but overall I have been pleased with the product.

3. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Don't be so fast to proclaim the statement I made as "False" without any evidence to claim such other than a PR email from some corporate suit. If you were half expecting CA to respond and say "Yup, we do this, and he is right!" in their reply, then pal you have no understanding of how corporations work.

I worked for Stardock, and can tell you I think the company sucks and treats their employees bad. Go ahead and "Email" Stardock corporation for their reply, and post the canned "We are a great company that treats their people right, this person is false." reply back.

Rivetting stuff, I tell ya! Keep up the good work.

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Helga? Is he sure it wasn't Frau Blooker? I've heard she was really mean. ;) :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.