eTrust AntiVirus Version 6 available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marti, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti

marti Registered Member

Version 6 (6.0.123) is available. Info: http://www1.my-etrust.com/products/info/Antivirus/id2/2

Download: ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/apps/EZAntivirus.exe

Make sure you have a hardcopy with your license number and customer number before you start.

Update default is automatic, but if you like manual updates: http://www2.my-etrust.com/products/virUpdates/6_0 ((you must sign in with user name/password).

Scan default is also automatic, but like the update setting, both can be switched to manual.

Make sure you have the previous download Version (5.3 or 5.4) stored!

I tried it yesterday afternoon and had to remove it and go back to the previous version. I just couldn't live with VXD error "blue screens." Others also running Win98SE didn't have problems. One guy, with WinME, had the scan go on for hours. Have not read any reports of WinXP users with problems.

Once you have it installed, to update, scan or change some settings, right-click on the systray icon. The default is "scan in-coming and out-going mail" (this setting can be changed).

Current sig file for version 6 is 4041. Current sig file for version 5.3 & 5.4 is 2252.

2. pushticat

pushticat Registered Member

I am the 'guy with winMe' and yes,I tried downloading and installing a registered copy of v.6.0.123 only to find the initial scan took 4hrs to complete.Uninstalled and reinstalled twice with same result.Reinstalled v.5.4.10.1 and the scan(22239 files,2.56GB) tool 9 minutes only.System is Pentium 4/1.7GHz and 256Mb of memory.Could WinMe be the problem? :(

3. marti

marti Registered Member

Hi there again!

I don't think your problem is WinME related. I do think that you have a conflict with other software, or even hardware.

A guy just started a new thread in GRC security software. He installed V6 on one WinMe box -- no problems. On the other WinMe box -- BSOD's and much worse.

I am going to try again to update, but I plan to remove all traces of the previous version, turn off my firewall, and all other running sofware. I will also say a prayer to the Computer Goddess :D.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

marti,

I'm fairly sure Jooske will hear your prayer :D

Anyway: it never hurts waiting a while before updating - if only for ironing out possible flaws. Good luck!

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.