ESSv4 - Slow scrolling in browser / Office Word / MSN conversation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ares91, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ares91

ares91 Registered Member

Hello there!

I've been using Eset Smart Security on my other PC for a while now, and very happy with it. That PC is running Windows 7, ESET runs perfectly smooth.

However, I installed ESET this afternoon on my fresh windows XP computer (clean install), and i'm experiencing scrolling problems while browsing the internet (i.e. the page sort of 'shocks' downwards, as if it has to load every bit of it over and over again) / lag when im trying to move a Windows Live Messenger windows across the screen / the same shocky scrolling in Office Word.

I've tried disabling egui.exe on start up but that still doesnt kill ekrn.exe , which I believe is the main part of Smart Security. In other words, I don't know for sure ESET is the cause, but it seems higly unlikely thats its another problem because its a clean install.

Maby any of you guys has any idea? Would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

ares

2. ares91

ares91 Registered Member

OK I've deinstalled ESET and using a temporary AVG Free Edition now. The problem persists. When I monitor my Task Manager whilst moving around windows, the particular .exe (for example my current browser window: chrome.exe) takes up 100% of the CPU. NO other processes are using up much CPU at that moment.

Perhaps this topic should be moved, as it may not be related to ESET anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.