ESS4.2 enhancement

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SunRui, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunRui

SunRui Registered Member

\Antivirus and Antispyware exceptions can be added in quotation marks Hi, what does it mean? Is it used for a PC which install ESET and the other kind of antivirus software? how to set for testing the item?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It means if you add an path or file specification to the exception list it can be enclosed in quotation marks. Let's say I had a file named FOO.COM located in the C:\WINDOWS\ directory that I wanted to exclude from being scanned. With the new build I could enter either of the following strings and they would be accepted:
    C:\WINDOWS\FOO.COM
    "C:\WINDOWS\FOO.COM"
    In previous builds, enclosing a path in quotation mark characters (") was not supported. This change was implemented to make it easier for operators to exclude a path when making use of the Copy as Path context menu option under Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 2008 and newer operating systems.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. SunRui

SunRui Registered Member

Thx Aryeh, you bring me out from the fog.But just now I found that we don't have the function-copy as path in Chinese original windows system. Best regards~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.