ess v5 seems to really put a drag on browsing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zfactor, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

PLEASE i do not want this to be a vs thread so i will not name any other brand of av. but what i was using previously another internet suite which was also considered to be one of the lightest you could use and it had a ton more "bells and whistles" imo than ess v5 does. and every review says ess has basically 0 impact on browsing at least every one i have read or found. but it really seems to make pages load im my words choppier than before. like pictures seem to load in segments instead of all at once. i used my other fav suite for 2 years now without this type of thing happening. i am not going to mention who though most of you may know.

are there any settings to help speed up the loading of pages? or does it take some time to "settle" in as some have told me.

i really like being back to the basics but it seems to def have WAY MORE of a drag than i know i remember eset having.

also is eset still done using assembly or have they moved on from that?

any suggestions would be great also note i did a 100% fresh install with no previous av or any other malware programs running on this system at all. using firefox browser for testing. i still really like ess v5 i was hoping for even less impact that i had with my other suite and that was very light as i mentioned.

thank you

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you observe the issue with every page or they are somehow specific (ie. they contain complex java scripts) ? Does disabling web protection (just for a test) make a difference ? Have you tried emptying the user and system temporary folder so that writing temporary files for scanning is not slowed down unnecessarily ?

3. zfactor

with most every page containing a lot of images and or heavy java scrip. pages like wilders are basically instant loading. sites like newegg, woot, my wife's pages (her online store i dont know if i can post a link since i dont want to seem like im advertising her website here i can pm it to you though) takes WAYYYYYY longer to load it was near instant before and we are using a cdn for her site which is worldwide so it should not load this slow. im sending you a pm with additional questions also which i hope you can help with.

thanks marcos

4. zfactor

hmm okay i resinstalled everything including the os and then reinstalled ess v5 and everything seems much faster for some reason. not sure i got the installer last time from softpedia this time i got it direct from eset's web site so i wonder if there could be something wrong with the installer from softpedia. it also seemed to behave a little different this time during the install as i watched each step as it went alongo_O?? anyway it seems MUCH faster now.. again not sure why but thank you

sending you one more pm regarding her blog.

thank you!!

5. zfactor

for some reason ess seemed to just need some time to settle in. i changed nothing else after a reinstall. and after a full day the system is flying now. everything is so smooth its awesome. thank you eset and marcos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.