ESS request features

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Maxkaos, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

this is planned as far as I know. Just hasn't been implemented yet.

2. cmurilo

cmurilo Registered Member

I would love to see a better way to send suspicious fliles to Eset. I mean a better way of uploading those files, like a section that shows if the file was correcty uploaded to eset. It´s hard, because I don´t know it the file was uploaded Nod doesn´t say anything... like nothing happened when I send a file...

3. drvista

drvista Registered Member

i am using windows vista and Eset Smart Security 3.0 beta 1
    so i realy love it so much but the firewall needs more tweaks as if i just let it on auto mode it will not alllow utorrent to go online and yahoo messenger too so i just wanna make the firewall better make it integrate much to windows vista as i get a waring i have no firewall and also make it easier to configure
    iam using it on manual and had added all my programs manually even IE7 and firefox
    2nd thing here i just wanna add a feature that is (when i right click on) a file and select (scan it) -you know- some context menu like any other antiviruses
    and also when i try to do a manaul scan i don't know when will it finish or % as the given % is for the current partition only
    another thing about the gui i love it and its far better than node32 2.7 but just tweak it for more vista style for eg. just remove that sad menu bar and the title bar and make it like office 2007 just icons and tools or even just options inside the window not up there to make it great with vista and ability to edit ip and portranges in firewall rules
    thnx

4. drvista

drvista Registered Member

-Subscription expiration date.
    -A bubble to show definition date like 2.7 when you hover over symbol in systray
    -protectiion against =ARP Poisoning= Pls(Very important.......)
    -Right click on a file context menu to "scan file"

5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Yes phishing protection will be great and not only for security suite, also for NOD32 antivirus!

6. OMEGA_RAZER

I'd like to requset a "time out" for the pop ups when the firewall is in automatic mode. Possibly a user deffined amount of time before it denys.

7. Klitetools

Klitetools Registered Member

how about being able to see current connections with the firewall and able to whois any ip we want from the firewall connections window.

kinda like Sygate where you can choose to see your connections either from applications connection details or connection details (ip addy & protocol) and you can just right click and stop/allow connections and from the logs you can whois.

I can do the whois myself if that is too much but I like to see my current connections on my network

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4072/90792837ti8.th.png

8. veri

veri Registered Member

^^ I like that idea.

9. bluesprite

bluesprite Registered Member

I'd like to see the currently scanned file with the path in the antivirus protection status window. Now it only shows the number of scanned files.

10. OMEGA_RAZER

Open the ESS gui and with advanced displyay click protection status then personal firewall bellow that and you can see the network traffic and connections. Not too advanced but it lets you see the traffic.

11. bluesprite

bluesprite Registered Member

Another thing I'd like is the option to specify the direction of the allowed connection without having to click on Custom rule; i.e., I get a prompt window for an incoming connection, but I want to allow outgoing as well for the particular program. Now I have to create a custom rule and specify protocol, remove port and address under the Remote tab, which makes it so complicated, when you could just have an additional drop-down menu under the current protocol menu when you click 'Show settings'.

12. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

File/folder exclusion and spam control for Outlook Express are both in the help file but not in the program so I assume they will both be added.

13. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

NO!!!!! This is a serious security tool. There are PLENTY of good ad / pop-up / cookie blocker / cleaners out there. Why are you encouraging bloatware?!!

14. JAB

JAB Registered Member

For both real-time and on-demand scanning?

/jab

15. ogy

ogy Registered Member

Stop/Pause protection from tray :rolleyes:

16. veri

veri Registered Member

Compiling all of the stuff in this thread (most of which I definitely second) into one post would probably make it easier to read for both us and any Eset devs that take a look.

Marcos/AG, shall I?

17. The One

The One Frequent Poster

I would like to see this as well. I don't think it is bloathware. It will keep the speed up because all the stupid pop ups won't appear and eat

18. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Sorry, but "stupid pop-ups" have nothing to do with serious Internet security issues. They are nuisance for sure, so go find a suitable pop-up blocker, or ask me to recommend one. I'll be only too happy to help.

19. veri

veri Registered Member

Latest browsers do a fine enough job taking care of popups, I think. I'd be surprised if the Eset crew actually adds such a feature.

20. bobya

bobya Registered Member

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I would suggest that the interactive mode of the firewall lists all the applications that are currently using some ports (like Kerio I think) this way is easier to create a rule for some of them.
    An issue at the moment is the speed of detection, it's about 20 sec until the firewall detects that an application is trying to use a network port.
    I also think that the automatic rule creation mechanism is not very good. At first application attempt for internet access I get a couple of prompts and a couple of rules respectively. The problem is that I get a couple of identical rules for one and the same thing.
    Another good feature will be a stealth mode. Thanks for the geat program it will be when it's out. ;)

21. Alf_

Alf_ Registered Member

That will be a great improvement.

I can confirm this. My 'old' firewall, Kerio 2.1.5 (yes, the one and only...) reacted immediately when an application wants to connect. ESS needs much more time... Why?

22. Yosem74

Yosem74 Registered Member

Personal Firewall requests:
    1. Ability to label and edit label names for IP addresses and ranges like in ZoneAlarm Security Suite during entry, e.g.
    192.168.1.1 Zyxel 10W Gateway/Firewall
    192.168.1.4 Zyxel X-550 802.11b/g Wireless Access Point
    192.168.1.39 Network B&W Laser Printer
    192.168.1.33-40 MyPrimaryNetwork
    etc. This is extremely handy in debugging network hardware/software problems.
    2. I would also like the ability to export #1, and seamlessly import it into another ESS session on another machine, so I don't have to retype it or introduce unintential errors.

23. veri

veri Registered Member

Wonder when we'll see a beta 2 that incorporates some new stuff... :D

24. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

In the "zones and rule setup" - would be nice if you could change the settings for the applications in the different zones from "ask" to "deny" and "allow" just by clicking on them instead of having to change them via the edit menu.

Also it would be nice to have certain system processes and maybe standard applications like Outlook, IE, MSN and so on pre-defined.

25. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I've notice this as well... The outgoing detection delay is substantial compared to other FWs I've used. :ouch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.