ESS refuses to detect modified/updated applications

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by basmic, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basmic

basmic Registered Member

My problem is as per thread title: ESS refuses to detect modified/updated applications.

Say if I update Firefox, IE, MSN, Steam - ESS seems to forget that these ever existed, and doesn't bother asking me if I'd like to allow these modified applications or not. I have to set the ESS firewall to Automatic, before these programs are allowed access to the internet - but I want Interactive mode...I want to be the one in control of which programs gets to do what.

Right now, that's my number one grudge with ESS. :mad:

I was fine was Sygate, with NOD32 2.7. But I wanted a decent combination, which would (obviously) use up less of my precious resources. I thought I'd try ESS, and I was loving it at first - until I updated Firefox, etc...:thumbd::cautious:

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

here use this:thumb:

Attached Files:

• use.jpg
      use.jpg
      File size:
      50.9 KB
      Views:
  3. basmic

basmic Registered Member

Are you suggesting that I should add all programs which require internet access, into that list?

Or are you suggesting that I should try ticking those two boxes ("Enable detection..." and "Allow modification...")?

If the first suggestion, then I don't see why I should to be perfectly frank. The firewall should be doing it's job properly in the first place.

If the second suggestion, then ESS was previously in Interactive mode with those two options enabled. It was by unticking them, and setting the ESS firewall to Automatic, that I can now use these updated/modified applications.

4. basmic

basmic Registered Member

Nobody else got anything to offer on my situation, or am I going to have shut up and put up? :(

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

i would try to email eset support.. they prefer to blissfully ignore on these forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.