Ess gone mad (false positives)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by djmorgan, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTamas

KTamas Registered Member

No, as far as I know there is no fscking way. Nod32 is safe mode can either:
    a) scan
    b) scan
    c) scan
    d) scan

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrro_O

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Screwed PSC3 for me! fortunately I do use system restore..

Makes me realise that either Eset do not test sigs before posting to their ftp or they don't run anything normal on their machines!

PSC3 cost me a dam lot more money than ESS :cautious:

3. KTamas

KTamas Registered Member

Do you guys know what's the biggest irony of this is? Our 2-year NOD32 licence will expire in 3 days. We were about to renew it today. Time to re-thing this...

4. Icefyre

Icefyre Registered Member

Also to the number of people recieving false positives, both with the 32 and 64 bit versions of the security program.

ESET Smart Security 32 build 3.0.621.0 Definitions 3120

5. dorgane

dorgane Guest

Make update 3121 ;)
    it good now ;)

6. KTamas

KTamas Registered Member

Fiiiiiiiiiinally managed to be quick enough and turn off ThreatSense before the computer locked up. At least on one. Another computer is completely dead after logging in.

7. elmanso

elmanso Registered Member

I am having the same problem with Du Meter.

8. OPC

OPC Registered Member

Dammit! It flagged FahCore_78.exe and made my folding@home projects restart (and I had only ONE hour remaining, on two cores). :mad:

It also flagged COMODO Personal Firewall Pro (C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cfp.exe) as a possible new virus variant.

9. LvR

LvR Registered Member

Tons of false positives here too with threatsense disabled in ESS 657o_O :(

10. tsmith35

tsmith35 Registered Member

Dorgane is right... I just updated to 3121 a few seconds ago. Perhaps that will fix it.

OK... after manually updating to 3121, went and did a manual scan of the Acrobat files and no infections detected. :)

11. dorgane

dorgane Guest

yes start manual update... ;)

12. djmorgan

3121 good here, just doing full scan again

13. hgend

hgend Registered Member

I just received the AcrobatFNP.dll "Threat Found" message.

I have not clicked on anything in the message.

I do not have "Threat Sense" on.

Other than going to Micro Center, what do you suggest?

Thanks

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Force an update to 3121.

Cheers :D

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem has been identified and fixed with update 3121. Actually it was not a typical false positive caused by signatures or heuristics.

16. zer0l0gic

zer0l0gic Registered Member

22/05/2008 8:48:21 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEMASTERS\GRID DEMO\GRID.EXE probably a variant of Unknown virus deleted - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe.

:doubt:

Ok forcing update.

What happened Eset?

:'(

17. hgend

hgend Registered Member

Ok, I received the threat alert with the earlier version of NOD32, now I have 3121, do I click "Delete" or "Leave"?

Thanks

18. Tzeapa

Tzeapa Registered Member

I had the same problem with Nod32 Antivirus 3.0.650.0 giving me a "probably a variant of unknown virus" message on Fifa2007.exe, updated to 3121 and the problem is solved.

19. Gunz

Gunz Registered Member

Hi there, I'm still getting a problem with the 3121. Forced the update to 3121.

PC still locking up after booting and logging on, I don't have time to get to disable threat sense before it locks up, I can't do anything with the PC.

I've tried System Restore to roll back to System Checkpoint 00:00 Last night, and still the PC is freezing after I log in. The PC was fine before this Nod update.

Running Vista Ultimate 32bit, Quad, 4GB. #

Please Help, I have a time critical deadline later today, and I can't use my PC to complete the work. I could loose quite alot of money if I don't get a resolution to this very soon.

Yours Panicking

Gunz

20. djmorgan

Does vista have a safe mode? you could try to uninstall eset from there, do you do a regular backup of your HD,,,, of course you do! so you could reload your latest image :eek:

21. Tzeapa

Tzeapa Registered Member

I have a very radical solution, boot into MS Dos and from there delete program files\ESET.... folder, it will give you some error when logging in but it won't lock up, so you should be able to use your computer. If your partition is NTFS try Hiren's Boot CD it has a lot of great programs that you could use...

22. sandsnake

sandsnake Registered Member

try booting with F8 option, previous good state.
    alterbatively try the safe boot route. do you know how to do an F8 boot?

23. Gunz

Gunz Registered Member

Yes Vista has a safemode, that's how I managed to get the PC to run for long enough to get System Restore to work.

And yes I use Windows Home Server to Backup all my machines nightly over LAN, However the restore process would take 3-4 hours to complete, and unfortunately I do not have the luxury of that much time before I need to deliver work to a client. :'(

Its also quite an extreme solution to this problem. I shouldn't have to restore all my work from backups due to this issue caused by an anti virus update.

24. capitalF

capitalF Registered Member

Gunz speaks the truth, and thus has been quoted.

25. Ezel

Ezel Registered Member

Well, most have there day, and this is ESETS day. A major screwup and caused many programs to no longer function, computers that lockup and can not be rebooted properly, and major false positives.

Most of here I assume are pretty computer savy, so what happens to the other users that are now screwed. Guess they need to pay for a tech to fix it.

Guess there was lack of QA on this last release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.