ESS firewall problem on Vista (slow internet)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bbahes, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbahes

bbahes Registered Member

Hi!

I'm having problems with ESS firewall...the thing is if I leave it in Interactive mode it slows down internet to the point i can't browse any page. Also "Allow/Deny" dialog sometimes appears, sometimes not. If I switch it to Automatic mode internet browsing speeds up (not much). If I switch firewall off everything is normal.

So I've checked some posts here and...uninstalled old version and installed new one 3.0.672...but the problem remains :(

Does anyone have idea what's going on...or is just me :blink:

2. bbahes

bbahes Registered Member

The "problem" has gone with new Windows installation...but now Windows Update (Vista x64) wont work...:doubt:

3. tysm

tysm Registered Member

can you please tell me how to fix this. i think im having the same problem.. I have Vista and downloaded ESS trial version about a week ago, and the internt slows dramatically after about 30mins- 1 hour of use

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Often such problems can be traced down to conflicts with other software, such as device drivers or services leftover from previously-installed security software.

I would suggest you download a copy of ESET SysInspector from ESET's web site, use it to create a log file and send it via email to support@eset.sk with a link to this message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.