ESS Firewall Issues

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by IanBrooks, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IanBrooks

IanBrooks Registered Member

We are experiencing some major issues with a client whom we have just installed ESS for. It has been rolled out to around 20 desktop machine from a central server following setting up one machine and exporting the settings, however a number of the machines simply didn't stick with the settings that were applied, however we resolved this by manually setting them up.

A couple of machines however had a different problem in that after rebooting them, the firewall started blocking all network traffic, even though it was set to interactive mode. Going in and deleting all of the rules and running an "ipconfig /flushdns" from a command prompt allowed it to start working again, but it reverted upon reboot. I have since had to disable the firewall until I can find a resolution to this problem. I've even reinstalled ESS manually but it does the same thing eventually.

Has anyone experienced this before? Why would only some machines be having this problem? I've tried everything I can think of but it always seems to revert to the same problem.

Thanks

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

What is the OS of the machine(s) having the problem? Is the latest version of ESS installed on them?

Thanks,

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.