ESS Firewall, FileZilla Server & learning mode

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by techcafe, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techcafe

techcafe Registered Member

since i'm having issues with Interactive Mode of the ESS firewall (causing egui.exe to hang), i'm wondering if it's possible to configure the firewall for Automatic mode AND also allow inbound connections to my ftp site (filezilla server)?

using the firewall's interactive mode, i was able to add a rule for filezilla server, allowing inbound connections on port 21, and the ftp site did work, however, i switched the firewall back to automatic because interactive mode often causes egui to hang. unfortunately, the filezilla rule i created (in interactive mode) is ignored by the firewall when switched back to automatic mode, thus blocking inbound ftp connections.

imo, the firewall should also have a 'learning mode', an advanced user's feature perhaps, where it interactively prompts the user for a certain period of time (days/weeks), then silently switches to automatic mode, while also retaining the user's manually configured rules, which take precedence over the firewall's automatic rule set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.