ESS firewall and laptops w/fingerprint reader

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pcscon, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcscon

pcscon Registered Member

Hi,

I have Eset Smart Security and after reading an advice on this board about turning to Interactive mode for the firewall, I was unable to use my Thinkpad laptop with fingerprint reader. The startup was simply blocked and I had to start XP in safe mode and delete Eset Smart security. Are there any way to avoid this on that type of laptops and still get the benefits from running interactive mode ?

2. kwg

kwg Registered Member

I use Eset Smart Security on a Lenovo notebook with fingerprint reader. I have never experienced any conflict, and I didn't have to do anything special to get them to work together.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you provide more information about your model of ThinkPad notebook, operating system version and version of ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. pcscon

pcscon Registered Member

Hi,

It is a Thinkpad T60p with Windows XP SP3 and the fingerprint software is version 5.6.2.

After I changed to Interactive mode, I was unable to restart; it was blocked for startup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.