ESS don't see Ardamax Trojan . Why?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by greenfly, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenfly

greenfly Registered Member

I have downloaded one aplication on my desktop computer were i have installed KIS 0.7. In fase of download KIS stopped the download because the file was infected with Ardamax Trojan.

On my laptop , were i have installed ESS , i tryed to download the same file , and ESS had non see anything.. I have send the infected file to virustotal and Jotty to analyse ,, there is the photo in att.

I runned the infected file, and ESS >nothing.o_O

In HJT log i found and clean a lot of infected temp files......

I feel disappointed.....:'(

Edit: Screenshot removed per the forum policy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Again, it's mostly an installer with encrypted files attached. It's very likely that the keylogger itself would be detected upon extraction when the files are decrypted.

3. greenfly

Noup... i have installed the program,, nothing detected.

edit : sorry, now the infected files are detected......,, but is to late > i'm allready infected.....maad

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Was that "aplication" the Ardamax Keylogger program ?

5. greenfly

Yap....

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Pictures say it all

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Is it now "detected" because you re-adjusted your settings to monitor Potentially unsafe applications, which is enabled by default ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. greenfly

Is not that program , I have downloaded "Fraps" from Rapidshare. I'm not sure that i can post the linko_O Rules.....maybe in private??

Attached Files:

• 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      293.3 KB
      Views:
  10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

We can see the "thing" is detect . Boot in Safe Mode and run a scan (Start -> Program -> ESET -> ESET Smart Security) . Confirm with YES and the ESET Command line scanner will start scanning and cleaning

However , if you suspect something is undetected or there is a problem in its cleaning , send information to ESET ThreatLab -> samples@eset.com .

11. greenfly

Can't boot in safe modeXP, because i have Dualboot with Vista ,and there is no options to enter in XP safe mod,, only Vista safe mod on which i have AVG free installed...

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can boot in XP Safe Mode:

1st way:
    Just after you choose your OS (a.k.a. Microsoft Windows XP) , start pressing multiple times F8 , which will lead you to the Advanced menu where you can choose to enter Safe Mode . The fact you have mode than one OS installed doesn't really matter

2nd way:
    Open Start -> Run -> type msconfig , press ENTER . In the "boot" tab , check "Safe boot" (you can change other options , too) , confirm the changes and restart . This way you'll enter Safe Mode . In order to start in Normal mode again , you must uncheck the "Safe boot" in msconfig.

Another way to clean the XP partition is to enter Windows Vista and run ESET Online scanner from www.eset.com/onlinescan
    Make sure to first run IE7 as administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.