ESS doesn't close establish connections after program exit

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Xophile, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Hi!

I closed down a program for about 30min ago but it's still listed in the overview for established connections. The program is not running and I have double checked with the task manager.

Why doesn't ESS "close" the connections?

2. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Anyone?

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

I had that problem once with the early versions of ess, but I got an answer from Eset support that is not a problem of closing the connections but from a refresh of the connections window.
    It seems that the closing does not occur instantly and that is why you see that... I suggest updating to the latest version, I have not seen that issue there..

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

What's ESS VERSION YOU USING?
    and tell us about the program you deny

5. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

uh are you sure this is an ESS problem? You might want to get a port scan program and look at your PC for open sockets. many of the connections will stay open for long periods of time so they react quicker the next time you open the program....prime example is Office Outlook of any version... it is slow to open the first time because it is loading up in RAM and opening all the ports to communicte with servers....if you close it and re-open it, it launches much faster on subsequent launches for that very reason. Many other app's do this as well.

I would bet if you removed ESS and ran a test monitoring with a port scan program you sould see the same thing unless you are exepcting ESS to shut them down but I am not real sure it will if you have a permit rule. I remeber a free program from Sysinternals now owned by Microsoft that watched all the Sockets and services...

TcpView and TCPUDPMonitor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.