ESS dissapears from Outlook Express

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ozradar, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozradar

ozradar Registered Member

Just joined today so if this has been covered, my apologies, I was unable to find references using forum search.

Am only having one problem with ESS, which is that from time to time the ESS icons disappear from Outlook Express toolbar. If i shut down OE it is running again. Is this a known issue or is it to do with settings? OE is my personal choice of client, I have no intention of using anything else.

OzRadar

2. ozradar

Problem appears to have been fixed with build 621. Have had no problems since install a couple of days ago. Cheers Radar

3. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

I havs this problem too with the latest 621 version. The icons are here one minute and gone the next. Does anyone have a workaround this issue please? I did a clean re-install twice, but to no avail.

4. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

Spam Toolbar Icons missing from Outlook Express at times.

I did post a similar message on another thread - but no reply. I havs this problem with the latest 621 version. The icons are here one minute and gone the next when opening and closing Outlook Express. Does anyone have a workaround this issue please? I did a clean re-install twice, but to no avail. It is a really annoying problem, as when the icons are missing, all the Spam comes into the Inbox.

There was a similar problem as this on the KAV7 forum, and they issued a new driver to be placed into the Windows/system32/drivers folder. This worked, and is now part of an online update.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I've merged these threads. There's no need for separate threads when a bug/issue was only reported a short time ago.

There may or may not be a reply in this thread over the next many days. First, people who have the problem versus those who say 621 fixed it for them, need to post that they also still have the problem. Data has to be gathered to see if there is some common condition between the systems with the problem showing. Then ESET needs to see if they can recreate it. Finally, if they can, then they might be able to push a fix in one of the next builds.

All of this might take time.

6. ozradar

I confirm that since I installed build 621 that I have no longer had the problem with the icons disappearing. So far to date have not found any issues with build 621.

cheers
    Radar

7. davyc01

davyc01 Registered Member

I have a similar problem with OE. The first time I load it the icons are greyed out. If I close OE and then reopen it the icons are active. I have made sure OE is selected as the preferred mail service.

I am currently on the following build:

eset 3.0.621
    XP SP2 - fully patched
    OE6 - fully patched

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.