ESS attack messages - false positives?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mvdu, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Can I turn the attack detection off? No other security programs said anything. Here are a couple of quite a few similar log entries:

10/9/2008 2:25:32 PM Detected DNS cache poisoning attack (my router):53 (my computer):59907 UDP

10/9/2008 2:24:17 PM Detected DNS cache poisoning attack (my router):53 (my computer):49789 UDP

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Never mind - I sent a refund request because ESS would not work with my HIPS, even with the firewall turned off. Does Eset give refunds?

3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

The problem seems to be Online Armor's fault and not Eset's. I'll be ok with canceling the refund if Eset doesn't do it.

4. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

No answers at all from support. I think e-mails go into a black hole.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I am assuming you purchased the software from ESET's U.S. office and contact their technical support department about the order, correct?

Please send me the sales order (SO-###...) number from your order, the username portion of your license (the part which begins with AV-###... or EAV-###...) and the case number(s) of any ticket(s) you have opened with ESET's U.S. technical support department via the forum's PM (private messaging) system and I will see if I can get someone to assist you with your license.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Thank you - you have a PM from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.