ESS 5 renewal? Are you kidding me? Constant reintalls and spam pop ups? Really?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pixelmonk, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixelmonk

pixelmonk Registered Member

My license expires in 8 days. I know this because I keep getting ~Phrase removed~ random pop-ups from the task bar as well as pop-ups when I log into my workstations.

If that isn't annoying enough, I have to contend with constant reinstalls when the firewalls ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ up and I can't see other workstations on my network. I can connect to them, but I can't see them. Homegroup refuses to work. I've pretty much done everything in the book to open it up in the trusted zone but within a week the configuration screws itself and I have to spend a bit of time trying to figure out how ESS is blocking stuff when nothing has visibly changed and then having to say **** it and reinstall. Don't bs me. As soon as I uninstall ESS 5, all my workstations are found and homegroup works fine. Granted, I normally don't care about homegroup, but it's the fact that it SHOULD BE WORKING. Yes, I know I could map a network drive too, so I can get to my shared stuff regardless if I see the networked computers. The point again is, IT SHOULD BE WORKING regardless.

I don't know what the hell happened with 5 as 4.x worked great. Are you guys purposely screwing stuff up like Kaspersky?

I've been using Eset products for years but this is just getting stupid. So convince me why I should stick with ESS when it randomly locks stuff out within days of a new reinstall and I get annoying messages that constantly tell me to renew, and random warnings from ESS to tell me to look at something when nothing is there. This **** should be fixed already. We're into version 5.0.95 by now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Did it work with 4? From my understanding Homegroup only works correctly with the built in Windows Firewall.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

All Windows Vista / Windows 7 services must be enabled in the IDS setup for HomeGroup to work. Also the IPv6 addresses of the remote computers must be members of the Trusted zone. There's no difference between v4 and v5 in terms of HomeGroup support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.