ESS 5 - Hidden notification windows

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stackz, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stackz

stackz Registered Member

[​IMG]
    In the above picture, it looks like the top two entries should Ask for confirmation and the bottom three should not Ask for confirmation, when in fact the exact opposite is the case. Logically, the settings should be the other way around, checked equals Ask, unchecked equals not Ask.

Also reverting the settings to default, which I assume would be to Ask for confirmation, doesn't seem to have any affect.

Win 7x64 Pro

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's dialog names that appear in the list. So if an entry is ticked, the automatic response (not visible to the user) in that dialog would be the option in the Confirm column. It has always worked that way since v4. As for reverting to default values, it didn't work neither in v4 in that window. I'll inquire if there's a reason behind or if it can be considered a bug.

3. stackz

stackz Registered Member

So in the picture I posted, the top two items are checked and Confirm says Yes.
    Shouldn't that mean that those two dialogs Ask for confirmation?

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

No, it means that "Yes" is selected by default. Or so I think :)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It means that for the dialog "Ask before disabling Antivirus...", "Yes" will be used as automatic selection.

6. stackz

stackz Registered Member

OK, thanks Marcos for clarification, though it really doesn't seem very intuitive to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.