ESS 3.0 with Online Armor free ?!?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by icb, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icb

icb Registered Member

Hi,
    Couple of days ago I catched some bad virus that got me worried about the security of my files on my computer. I installed ESS 3.0 trial and it managed somehow to clear my comp, but not without once more reinstalling c: partition where windows is.
    But overall I`m happy with it, although I read some bad reviews about ESS firewall.
    To make the long story short, I installed online armor free also, but now I`m worried about some incompattibility between the two. What should I do, to keep as it is, or to disable the ESS firewall as I heard online armor is better , or just to let the ESS do its job and delete the online armor??
    Any help would be appreciated ;)

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'd just let ESS do it's job. My limited understanding of ESS ( I just use the Av) is that all the suites components are interconnected and the bad reviews are from attempts to test the firewall as an isolated component. Or just use the Av(EAV) and keep OA.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.