ESS 3.0 Final Released!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by poepoe2797, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, that wasn't quite what you wrote.
    webyourbusiness' point, among others, is a valid one to consider. The release in your possession is not necessarily a final one and the public status of it is open to debate. Given that some details may be fluid, one should seriously wonder at the value of the information developed. Sure, some things won't change, but at this point the thread is progressing along the lines of little more than "look at what I have and you don't".

The formal release is a couple of days away. Days which could be spent stress testing the version you've installed, perhaps noting an additional glitch or two that would help many fellow users avoid problems on the formal release day.

Blue

2. poepoe2797

poepoe2797 Registered Member

I'm not posting the same screenshot over and over. Each one is different (either version or program). I understand that it may not be doing you any good, but I am sure others are interested by some of the responses on this thread and the PMs I received. So I think it would be better if you kept your opinions to yourself since your opinions don't do anyone any good.

3. poepoe2797

poepoe2797 Registered Member

Actually, (and I don't mean this in as an insult or anything) if I recall correctly, you are the one that told me not to share with anybody o_O

4. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Seems like you cannot accept that people have different opinions so i'm not going into a long discussion with you about who is wrong or right. I'm allowed to post my opinion in here unless a mod or admin tell me otherwise. So are you, but i think webyourbusiness gave you a good advice....consider it instead of getting offended and telling people to leave your topic alone.

All you screenshots have the same kind of message which is "look what i got" and since it's not available for most others it doesn't really do them any good and only show them a version they cannot have. Posting the same aboutbox from different computers isn't very useful any way. We all know that the release date is Nov 5th and if no one knew about the new existing versions a lot of the discussions in this forum wouldn't have started in the first place. I believe it would have been better that way which i'm allowed to say.

Like you said they are interested, but that is because they want what you have and you cannot share it. It's like holding candy in front of a kid, but keep it to yourself. If you could share it as well then it would be useful, but this is not useful anymore since you only post the aboutbox and doesn't even say anything about "what's new".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Correct - and for the reasons that I explicitly stated to you.

Blue

6. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I agree. :thumb:

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

is the firewall in v3 any good? since this is the first time they've put in a firewall

8. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

I do not manage to update:'( :'( :'( :'(

Attached Files:

9. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Did you check your temp / tmp user and system variables and if so make sure they point to the right location of the temporary folders.

10. PatG

PatG Registered Member

When I first started the beta, ran it in tandem w/Comodo. Was already fed up w/it due constant, and I mean constant, asking for permission for the most common programs, Avant browser, Java updates, etc. When I discovered the "interactive mode" for ESS FW, uninstalled Comodo and said good riddance. Eset has only asked me once on each incoming/outgoing programs and warned me about .exe's changing, due to updates like Perfect Disk. So yes, I am very satisfied w/it, but just my opinion, as some have voiced problems they have encountered. Why not try it yourself and decide? :)

11. firzen771

have any sites tested it yet?

12. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

At my 64 Ultimate Vista the firewall is working like a charm, and so does the rest of the program.

13. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

So is the current version of NOD32 on the servers the Final version or will it go to 3.0.557 or something different by Monday? A straight answer would be awesome. :D

14. sponch

sponch Registered Member

I got the problem that not all graphics on websites are displayed correctly (not or with placeholders) with AV as well as with ESS 551 - both on Vista 32 and 64 bit machines.
    Can anyone confirm that?

15. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I can confirm... No idea why by the way. It probably has something to do with the http scanning.

16. sponch

sponch Registered Member

thanks edwin! the problem still exists when turning off all components..only uninstall hepls.

17. sponch

sponch Registered Member

another thing: if I go to the log files and choose " ESSET Personal Firewall log" I got hundreds of " Incorrect IP Packet Checksum" messages. What does that mean? Can anyone confirm this, too?
    Sponch.. sorry for doublepost

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  18. garyrh

garyrh Registered Member

I am having the same problem with some graphics not loading on certain web sites also with NOD 3.0. I have to right click and select show picture to get it to load.

19. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Yes. I'm seeing broken graphics and only placeholders on some pages. :eek:
    Don't know how I missed that before. But yeah its happening here too. Showstopper? :'(

20. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Same here on some pages.

21. mattnotley2004

mattnotley2004 Registered Member

Has anyone had the problem I'm having with ESET Smart Security 3.0.551.0?

I can no longer view computers in my workgroup. I can access the computers individually, but when I want to view the list of computers in my workgroup, it says...

"Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Please contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available
    "

I'm running Windows XP Pro, and I have configured ESET Smart Security with Interactive Filtering, and allowed sharing.

22. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

yes this was reported in beta1, carried on into beta 2, and reported.... carried on into RC1 and reported...
    an email from eset said "this has been reproduced and fixed"

however i am using the leaked 3.0.551 (final) and the problem still persists.
    i have emailed support and they will not answer, but i willbe hounding their support on monday the very second that my license arrives:blink:

23. poutine

poutine Registered Member

The AV 3.0.551 Is full of bugs ,so i suspect this is very much the same .... dont waste your time. ;)
    i went back to 2.70.39. Luckily i ghost my machine before trying dodgy leaked software. !!!

24. firzen771

anyone?

25. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

My guess is after they uploaded version 3.0.551 to the eset servers they found some bugs which need fixing as both ESS and EAV still have some bugs in which shouldnt have made it to the final version. Im guessing if 557 doesnt appear by Monday it will do soon. Hopefully they are working on the bugs which we have reported with 551 and should have it fixed.

@ poutine Version 3.0.551 isnt "dodgy leaked software" its an official release on the eset servers so please dont go spouting fud. Theres enough of that already going on in the forums.

I highly doubt, unless eset work weekends, that things will change and more than likely 3.0.551 will be whats downloaded on Monday. But as ive said there is bugs and i imagine 557 will be released shortly if not next week then the week after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.