ESS 3.0 compared to Comodo Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MrMonk, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecMonk

SecMonk Registered Member

The signature your post has attached to it doesn't give it very much credibility. It shows bias. In case you change it, the signature I see now is "http://forums.comodo.com/"

By the way, Comodo hasn't passed several Matousec leak tests. There are two other firewalls that passed it though.

2. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

You make it sound like comodo is a low leak blocker. Last time i checked 2 failures arent several?

Also he does not work for comodo. Just a moderator who gained it by being a knowledgeable user like stem. So if i put that link in my signature it means bias. Let me guess you hate norton? :D.

3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

He does not work for comodo....And missing 2 tests is several?

"We inspect all network traffic with the antivirus engine"

It is just an http scanner. Avast has had this technology for a while....*puppy*

"The NOD32 scanning engine uses a heuristics scanning engine called ThreatSense, which ESET claims has not missed an in-the-wild-virus in Virus Bulletin VB 100 testing in the past nine years, while producing only one false-positive during that time."

They are saying it is not possible to start missing?

So the article is saying this firewall is different from the rest because its http monitor uses threatsense? I see problems in the future....letting an av heuristic look at bits of tranfering?

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Although I really do not have to, I'll answer to your comments.

1. As Coolio10 said I am a volunteer moderetor at the comodo forums.And I do not use different knicks on every security forum that I am member. (my signature over there point to returnil in case you are interested).
    2. Most of my posts here are related to FD-ISR, Rollback-RX and ShadowDefender. Not about comodo products.
    3. Since you are a new member, you probably do not know that here in the wilders if you change your signature it will affect only the new posts and not the old ones.
    4. I did not comment if ESS firewall is better than comodo firewall. I only explained what that article means. [Personallly I am not aware of any soft firewall with Cross Packet Inspection (XPI)]
    5. By the way Comodo passes all the leaktests if you:
    a. disable "do not show any alerts for the applications certified by comodo)
    b. move component monitor to "on" instead of "learn mode".
    Actually it was the first firewall to pass all the leaktests a year earlier (the others could reach similar results only recently).
    6. The fact that you are a pretty new member, that all your posts are Nod32 related and that your nick (SecMonk) is extremely similar with the that of the thread starter (MrMonk), give even less credibility!

Anyway, I would invite all of us to remain on topic.

Panagiotis

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  5. OLDXTECH

OLDXTECH Registered Member

Hey Master TB, have you had a chance to test the firewall in ESS and come
    to any conclusions? Please detail if you have time. Thanks.
    [Private messaging not working!]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.