ESMX not recognizing Exchange after Update Rollup 3

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by DrFix, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrFix

DrFix Registered Member

Hi,

after Update Rollup 3 of Exchange, ESMX 4.2 doesn't recognize Exchange anymore:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2080/errorx.png

I think the way ESMX finds exchange should change... after every update the same issue... (I read a post about the same issue with update rollup 2)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As far as I know, EMSX 4.2.10015.0 should work fine with Update Rollup 3 for MS Exchange Server 2010. The latest version is downloadable from the ESET website.

3. DrFix

DrFix Registered Member

I tried installing 4.2.10015.0 but when I start setup it says that exchange is not installed on my system...

but of course it is...

4. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Refer to my thread here on this issue I had with Rollup 2. It appears when you install the updated ESET Mail Security, it runs the uninstaller for the older version first, which has a check for the version of Exchange, and then fails. You will need to backout the Rollup 3 patch (and possibly Rollup 2), then upgrade ESET Mail Security and re-install Rollup 3.

Why the uninstaller has a check for the Exchange version I do not know, but that is how we got around that issue with Rollup 2.

FYI - Rollup 3 installed just fine with ESET Mail Security 4.2.10015.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.