esets_daemon high cpu on mac

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by butre, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butre

butre Registered Member

hi

i am running eset for mac 4.0.77 (latest version) and have noticed that the esets_daemon product is using up an awful high amount of cpu (90-150%)

i noticed in some old posts that this was a known issue 2 years ago and newer version would resolve it but it seems it is still the case with 4.0.77

i tried logging a case with eset online using my business account but have not heard in 2 days so thought i would give the forum a go

anyone else who has similar issue and more importantly a fix? is there a setting i can change to stop this from happening, my nice quiet macbook air is making an awful noise with eset running at such high cpu

thanks

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET currently has a new beta test build that may alleviate this problem. If you would like to try it, it it can be downloaded from ESET's beta test portal at http://www.eset.com/us/beta/cyber-security/.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. butre

butre Registered Member

hi
    is this a business product and would it fall under my usual licenses or is this a consumer product (the feature, parental control does not sound very business like for instance).

it seems to be a recurring problem though as it was reported in the past and 4.0.77 would fix it but it is still happening with that version as well

best regards

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Cybersecurity for Mac OS X is the consumer version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac OS X Business Edition. The programs just have different names for marketing purposes.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.