Eset

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by volvic, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please provide me with your username via a personal message so that I can check your license. Alternatively you can drop me a pm in our official forum https://forum.eset.com.

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I knew it.:D

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No you should be able to to that without problems, unless there's an issue with the license you got from malwaretips :)

Edit: ah I see Marcos replied.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

You have to consider more than single tests. I could run *any* product on my personal machines - I happen to continue to use ESET for many reasons, not least of which are:

1. it is light in terms of resources - not as light as it was, but still very light
    2. heuristic detection is still good - lots of zero-day threats detected
    3. their very responsive to my submissions - I send in 2-10 threats a week - they're added the same or next day.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You are very correct in your statement. It isn't the best as it use to be, it is better. I would stake what little reputation I have to say it may even the bes*. I have tested all and really, all are better then they ever were, so really a bad choice cant be made. But don't diss on Esets parade, because they have kept it simple, light and very very good on protecting.

And, they didn't have to add Wal-Mart to their product to try and sell it. :)

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

hmmm all three of my local my wal mart's stock boxed eset.... just fyi

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

So you have found a home? :argh: I like ESET and participated in some of the beta testing. Just need to search for a bargain price.

8. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Eset is the one...I'll chose to be my Primary A/V...The Day has finally arrived! Lol! Sincerely...Securon

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

No!:eek: Is that for real?:blink: I didn't think that day would ever come. Well enjoy your settled, retired life my friend. :D

10. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Till the next day? :)

11. smage

smage Registered Member

Lol people seem to like Eset a lot here, I never said it's a bad product.

It provides good protection, is light on resources and does not interfere with other software. But if we are only going to consider protection, I believe there are better products available. Since we are not allowed to do A vs B, let's leave it here :)

12. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Can eset be purchased in any retail stores or does it have to be done online with eset directly.?

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Totally agree ;)

14. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

thats why i keep eset. it rarely lets me down.

15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It can be purchased retail on this side of the pond.

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good question. Yes and no I guess, probably depends on where you are too. I have never looked for it in retail stores to see if I can find a box. I have always done it online since I think it is easier and faster that way. :)

17. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

definitely in retail here in the USA/Canada - not sure about the UK.

Also - not every reseller in the USA is ESET.. I think the same is true in the UK, but the UK distributor never replied to our emails to setup for UK sales under them (me being a Brit and all).

18. Aryeh Goretsky

Aryeh Goretsky Security Expert

Hello,

In response to your questions:
    1. ESET has always had a quality product which balances performance and protection for customers, and I would disagree with any comment about it "going down the pan."
    2. ESET's decision was move off of Wilders and onto its own forum was purely a business decision--it allowed ESET to have a it's own branded forum, integrate with internal reporting and management tools that couldn't be done with a third-party forum, and so forth. As far as "stopping critical" posting goes, vulgar language gets edited, trolls get placed back under their bridges, message threads get locked, posts moved or merged and so forth.
    Running a forum means keeping message threads on topic and moving discussions forward. If you spend any time in the new forum, you will see that there are plenty of messages which are critical of ESET, it's products and its services, however, vulgar and offensive stuff gets removed, just like in any other product support forum.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.