ESET won't stop scanning!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mattschmatt, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattschmatt

mattschmatt Registered Member

I bought a new laptop
    Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit) Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

I downloaded and installed the ESET Smart Security for Vista 64. The version is 3.0.667.0

When I navigate ESET to the "Protection Status" menu on the left and click on the menu item "Antivirus and antispyware" it shows on the right side the General Overview and it shows ESET scanning objects and it never stops!

Number of scanned objects: 1,022,111 and going!

If I reboot my laptop, ESET starts all over from 0. I've been letting this run for 4 days straight and it has not stopped scanning. What is going on? This cannot be normal.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Just curious is it the the web scanner scanning web pages as you surf ? also if you dont know hit F5 for advance mode and click AV and Anti to see what is being scanned. "Example" File system or Web pages.

3. mattschmatt

Thanks for the reply. Nope. I'm not surfing the web. I have all apps closed and my windows gadget called Network Meter shows no inbound/outbound activity. Yet the scan keeps running.

I hit F5 and then AV like you said, but I cannot find how to view real-time scanning. Here is a screen shot.

I noticed that it is scanning Web access and email, but the one called File System never stops incrementing.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa269/mattschmatt_photos/eset.png

4. mattschmatt

I figured it out. The problem is a Vista Gadget that I had running on the Vista Sidebar. FYI... it's called Network Meter v 2.1 where it shows your network connection, internal/external IP, up/down bandwidth, etc. Something must be going on in the background causing ESET to scan it over and over.

I removed the gadget and ESET stopped scanning.

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You could add it to the expectations list. then still use it with out Eset scanning it constantly if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.