ESET Windows home products version 15

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FanJ, Oct 19, 2021.

1. osmandemi

osmandemi Registered Member

sorry no difference between new version(v15) and old version(v14)

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Version: 15.0.18.0 released

I got it offered via the internal updater (on regular release channel).
    Reboot required as usual.

Changelog
    https://www.eset.com/int/home/internet-security/download/#download-manually
    Go there to the advanced download option:

Version 15.0.18.0

Fixed: Default threshold value for LiveGuard
    Added: Support for OS SHA256 support switch
    Fixed: Protobuf comparing functionality
    Fixed: Issue when firewall interactive mode creates duplicate rules
    Fixed: Issue when interactive async firewall dialogs are not displayed even if GUI seems to return NODPROT_OK for ekrnEpfw (firewall plugin)
    Other minor fixes (e.g. privacy policy link)

=====

PS: I don't see it announced at the Eset forum.

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I'm still on pre-release updates. I clicked check for updates and was immediately prompted to restart so it must have already downloaded. Now running 15.0.18.0 as well.

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

@xxJackxx Jack,
    Do you know what "Protobuf comparing functionality" means? What is "Protobuf"?

5. xxJackxx

I saw that. I have no idea. If nothing comes up shortly I may have to ask on their forum.

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Googling it returns "protocol buffers". Don't know what it means for ESET product though.

7. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks @xxJackxx and @Minimalist !
    (I was too tired yesterday)

=====

Post by Marcos:
    https://forum.eset.com/topic/30296-eset-windows-home-products-version-15018-have-been-released/

ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium version 15.0.18 have been released and are available to download.

Changelog:

Version 15.0.18
    • Fixed: Issue with duplicate firewall rules created in firewall interactive mode

• Fixed: Other minor fixes

=====

He didn't mention that "Protobuf comparing functionality".

8. Nevi

Nevi Registered Member

Based on a performance test, I tried Kaspersky and Eset Nod32 antivirus. Although the test showed Kaspersky as lighter than Nod32, my experience was that Nod32 actually was faster than Kaspersky. One from MT had mentioned that this would probably be the case and he was right (Thanks Roger).
    I have been using Webroot for over 10 years with good results. But I feel it's time to move on,and use something else. And I do not notice any difference on Webroot and Nod32's performance.

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Nevi Yes, Webroot and NOD32 should be fairly similar in performance, as they are both very light.

10. Nevi

Nevi Registered Member

Indeed Roger.

11. tekfranz

tekfranz Registered Member

I like Eset but I do find their Licensing process bit frustrating. The License Portal works well but here is my list off issues:
    1. Unused time is lost when activating a new license.
    2. To prevent this you have to let your A/V expire before adding the new license.
    3. Expiration timer for multi-user packs starts when only one client is activated.
    4. Licenses cannot be stacked.

If Eset would fix just one of these issues it would improve the licensing experience.

12. xxJackxx

I wouldn't look for any of that to change. I can't really think of any software that will let you trade the extra machines for extra years on 1 instead.

13. tekfranz

But maybe at least you could renew and keep the remaining balance of your term. I know OneDrive lets you do that and I thought Norton did as well.

14. xxJackxx

You have to contact them and ask them to do it. I assume ESET will probably do the same but I have never had need to do so.

15. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi tekfranz,
    First of all: I am not a big fan of the standard reply "get in contact with your local reseller". But I think that would be the best thing to do. That's how Eset works.

I really serious doubt whether that is true! I'm serious here. But, who knows, it depends on the reseller ....
    Or maybe I am misunderstanding you ...

In 2020 my licence was going to expire (licence bought at Eset NL). Some 20 days before the expiration day I got emails from Eset NL. Several days later I bought a renewal. I had nothing more to do. It was extended for the coming years for which I bought it. I lost zero days!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  16. xxJackxx

He's probably speaking of the idea of buying a license on Amazon or Newegg or similar and trying to add it when purchased and having it invalidate his existing license because it is not the same license, therefore replacing it and not extending it.

17. tekfranz

Yes that's what's happening. I bought from a reseller. One Newegg License invalidates the previous thereby causing you to lose any remaining days. It's not a big deal as now that I know that will happen I will have to do the renewal on the day of the expiration.

18. itman

itman Registered Member

If you purchase a license renewal from your authorized in-country Eset eStore source, existing license time will be added automatically to the renewal license time.

As far as existing license time being lost when a new license is purchased from any other source than the AV vendor web site, all major AV's do the same as I recollect.

If you can find an Eset "boxed" version, that won't become active until its license key is entered into your existing Eset installation. Ditto for key card purchases as far as I am aware of. Problem here is there is no way to determine if the license key is valid until it is used and activation attempted. Newegg and like sources can buy unused licenses in bulk from a commercial source. These can be spotted by the Eset version listed in the ad text. Many are one year old versions of Eset. There are legal issues with these types of purchases in that Eset might have to consent to such a transfer and like other requirements.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  19. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Eset Live Chat and Email Support are ineffective.
    I have had a couple of Eset and Kaspersky licenses for a while but had forgotten the license details.
    I spoke with an Eset Live Chat representative. He reviewed the licenses and said, "Get in touch with your local reseller" and closed the session. I tried again and got connected to the same guy, but he disconnected the conversation again.
    I contacted Eset Email Support for the licensing information and received an email stating that they would respond as soon as possible. After a week, I replied to the email and received a response stating that the ticket had been closed and that I should file a new one.

Kaspersky Live Chat and Email Support are amazing.
    The live chat representative instructed me to send the licenses to Kaspersky Email Support and provided me with the email address. The email support supplied me with all the licensing information, such as edition, activated or non-activated, yearly or multi-years, number of devices, and country.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Registered Member

I'm wondering how many more information about you they have :)

21. xxJackxx

It's not what you have, it's how you use it. :isay:

22. khanyash

All my Kaspersky licenses are non-activated as per the info.

23. khanyash

I have an ESET 1-year license. When I try to add the license to my ESET account, it requests info such as my name and email address to add the license. Does it mean the license is non-activated and once I add it to the account, I will have an activated license with a full 1-year subscription?

24. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

25. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Version 15.0.21.0 of ESET Home Products has been released.
    Changelog: https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security-premium/download/#download-manually (Download options > Advanced download >> Changelog)
    Note: At the time of this post, it has not been announced at the ESET Forums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.