Eset version 7 released from beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Janus, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey

Eset Smart security and nod32 version 7 has been officially released. Download link: http://www.eset.com/int/download/home/ You can install on top of previous version, but personally I think it is more secure to do it the old fashioned way. That will say, uninstall previous version, reboot,(you may run ccleaner to remove leftovers), for then installing the new version 7.

Regards Janus

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Will update soon done.....:D

And below is for ESET NOD32 AV...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  3. gery

gery Registered Member

updating upon version 6

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I always advice to uninstall, and make a clean install when installing major version. "over the top" installs is supported though, but if it doesn't work out as expected and you experience some kind of issue, then uninstall and re-install is the way to fix it.

5. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

hi SweX, I upgraded from v7 Beta to release version thru application updater. I do not see any issues at all.

Is it a better practice to uninstall beta version and install its release version instead?

Thanks, Harsha

6. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Installation over previous versions is fully supported.
    But as SweX said, if you want to be sure uninstall the old version and install a new one, but I don't think that's necessary.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the eset installer removes the old version prior to installing the new one. you can clearly see this during the new install. installing over is fine if you choose to. only issue that i ever see is the settings some time get screwed up and you may have to change them or fix them after rare though

8. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Thank you for info. I removed beta and installed final with no problems. Another great product ESET :thumb:

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Great to hear that :) We've received very positive feedback on v7 both here as well as in our official forum at https://forum.eset.com so far.

10. gery

gery Registered Member

it is working pretty well till now . I just updated over the older version 6 and no probs so far.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Just updated...smooth as silk. That's what I enjoy about Eset product...well engineered...and superb system integration. I will renew my license most assuredly come Black Friday. Sincerely...Securon

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good to know. And good that you gave it a try despite of what I said, because it does actually work very well in 99% of the cases. :thumb:

13. gery

gery Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

14. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I always do that myself, but over the top installs is supported just as usual. And doing that works great in 99% of the cases. So both ways works, but if one would get an error message or similar after doing an over the top install, then uninstalling and installing again fixes those little hiccups. :)

15. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thing is with eset if you watch the process during the update you can see it removes everything even registry entries etc first before then installing the new version. its a much better installer than most other av's have

16. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes it's very good, but I have had over the top installs fail if you will, and an error shows afterwards in earlier version, though the installer has of course been improved since then. But that's why I do it personally to reduce the chance of the little hiccups that can happen. :)

18. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

As much as I like ESET I must disagree. It leaves more behind then most on an uninstall. And good luck searching the registry for "ESET" as it matches "reset", "preset", strings that contain things like "Photoshop.DuotoneSettingsFile", etc.

19. fax

fax Registered Member

In regedit be sure to tick on "match all string only" to avoid detecting "eset" in other unrelated words... ;)

20. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Just updated via the program itself and it went flawlessly.
    Great job ESET.:thumb:

At first glance i do not see anything particularly new from v6.
    Is there a changelog anywhere.

What new components etc have been added.?

Thanks.

21. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it looks thesame:)

22. The Red Moon

There must be changes somewhere.Im going blind in my middle age lol.

23. The Red Moon

24. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I don't care personally unless it's really bad but it's kind interesting to know. FWIW I did just uninstall on XP SP3 and then I looked for left overs and I found 3 empty folders in the usual locations. And my bad/good habit depends on how you see it, I also checked for left over drivers, and there was one lonely left from the firewall. I uninstalled that driver, deleted the 3 empty folders rebooted, and started the new fresh install.

How much do you see left after an uninstall? :)

25. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I did post two quotes in post #2 in this thread so people would see them early one for ESS and one for EAV :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.