ESET version 5.2.9.1

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PaulBB, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

oh, installed on 3 computers with different setups. The one thing I saw was that Smart Scan was considerable faster. Alot faster.

2. Danutak

Danutak Registered Member

Upgraded on top of old and works lilke a charm. A months ago I got another two year of subscription. I love esset:D
    Being a regular user I have not problem to set it up.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You are welcome - keep us posted.

4. spdbynod

spdbynod Registered Member

I have downloaded the file for Win 64bit v5.2.9.1 from the ESET website and after installing it, it still shows v5.0.95 and it act like v5.0.95 as well. I have read the posts in the forum, but it seems that the problem is with XP but in my experience it is Win 7 64bit as well. I have done several clean installations but no luck. I even try and install the v4.2.71 and then install v5.2.9.1 over that but still no luck. I downloaded it from the UK site as one of the threads suggested but the same happened. Does anybody have any other suggestions to what i can do. If i install the beta version 6, it shows v6.0.11 after installation as it should but, i am not into beta versions. Any help will do. Thanks!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please copy and paste the exact download link you used here?

6. screenname

screenname Registered Member

I also have issues with 5.2.91 on Win7-32bit. I did a clean install because upgrade from 5.0.xx causes "rules contain invalid data" to show up. When I reboot after install (not required but I like to do that after any software installation), my PC took over 10 minutes before it reaches the state where I can use it. With 5.0.95, the process took 3 minutes. When the PC comes out of hibernation, it also took a look time while there is hardly any delay with 5.0.x. I have gone back to 5.0.x. Hopefully, I will have better luck when the next revision.

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Thats good because everytime I have conducted a smart scan it scans everything on my machine, and any external drives I had connected to it. It took over an hour. It should be called dumb dumb scan lol How can they get something so wrong is beyond me o_O

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Eset has startup scans, and random scans which I believe are conducted after sig updates. I'm not sure what other specifications they have for random scans, but they need to make the scans more intelligent. I have had so many incidents of Eset commencing a scan at which time I was installing software. Eset should know not to commence a startup scan or random scan while software is being installed. When CPU usage is above a certain level Eset should automatically put that scan on hold. I'm not sure if the scan was being conducted due to signature updates or something else. The scans would best be conducted during low CPU usage or idle time.

9. Ego_Dekker

Ego_Dekker Registered Member

After installing over 5.0.95.5 my settings were restored to default in the “Alerts and notifications” and “Hidden notification windows” sections.

10. djackino

djackino Registered Member

If you "Check" Installed vs. Available version on the update screen within NOD32, it still comes back with 5.0.95 as the latest verison available.

11. Ego_Dekker

1. After computer scan i click “Показать подробности...” and nothing happens.
    scanning_complete_ru.png

2. My quarantine is empty, but it shows the number of quarantined objects is 16.

12. Marcos

A PCU to v. 5.2.9 has not been released yet. It will be within 1-2 weeks at soonest.

13. Marcos

It should activate the "Computer scan" pane in the main GUI.

Perhaps the quarantined files are stored in another account folder and thus are not visible in your account.

14. spdbynod

15. spdbynod

16. Marcos

The link to the msi installer you posted indeed points to v. 5.2.9.1. You can search for "MSI_PRODUCT_VERSION" in the msi file to find out what version it is.

17. spdbynod

I did the "MSI_PRODUCT_VERSION" search and it show v5.0.94.0 although it shows v5.0.95.0 after installation. It seems to me that there must be something fishy about the link. I don't know. What else?

I downloaded the 32bit file and when i checked that for "MSI_PRODUCT_VERSION", it shows the right version v5.2.9.1. The 64bit file is actually the same size as the original v5.0.95 64bit file that i downloaded in Jan 2012, so that let me think there must be a problem with the 64bit version link on the website. I did a live installation from the website and the results are the same. It stays v5.0.95.0.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  18. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    NOD32 5.2.9.1
    Win 7 64 SP1
    Enable Self-defense unchecked & Enable Anti-Stealth Technology unchecked
    Installed this version over the top and had no problems for two days and now have a popup that said virus database out of date and upon attempt at manual update the following appears:

Virus signature database update failed
    Virus signature database update ended with an error

Last Virus signature update is #7144 17May12. This is approximately the date of update to this program version from 5.0.95. 5.0.95 worked with no errors. The update URL successfully pings.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  19. Marcos

Please copy & paste the appropriate error record from your ESET log here.

20. Q Section

Sorry about the lack of error code. Now have subsequently uninstalled and re-installed NOD32 5.2.9.1 and it did an initial update of the Virus database to 7151. If there remains a problem with self update the error log will be posted here and if all goes well then not. Thank you.

21. simexi

simexi Registered Member

This version(ESS) is total failure!!!

It works a while but then it hangs somehow. Update doesn't do anything, smart scan is broken.. just disabled protection and I can't enable it again. Tried manually scan few files, gives an error, kernel communication failure..

So I guess I'll reinstall 5.0.95:isay:

22. Ego_Dekker

Where can i see this added information? What is the difference between 5.0 and 5.2?

23. Ego_Dekker

1. After computer scan i click “Показать подробности...” and nothing happens.
    scanning_complete_2_ru.png

2. Unaligned and the “Показать подробности...” line is unclickable.
    unaligned_2_ru.png

3. Just unaligned.
    unaligned_ru.png

4. “Notifications” are not translated.
    notifications_ru.png

24. Q Section

After an uninstall and reinstall everything is now working well. Thank you.

25. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Do you have an actual issue that requires assistance ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.