ESET V5.0.95 and Samsung Easy Software Manager

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Megang, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megang

Megang Registered Member

Hi,

I have a new Samsung series 7 notebook which came with the Samsung easy Software Manager. When ever I use that application to apply updates it appears to download (to 99%) and then I get the error message saying that I am not connected to the internet - however I am connected. What has to be configured in ESET to allow this application to work?

I also had problems upgrading iTunes and my iphone - however I gave up trying to work it out and used my old laptop. I'm hoping if I can resolve one then I might be able to resolve these as well.

Thanks for any help.

Regards
    Megan.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling http filtering in the ESS setup make a difference?

3. Megang

Megang Registered Member

Hi,

I unticked the Enable HTTP Checking in Web & Email, Web Access Protection, HTTP, HTTPS.

It hasn't changed anything - though I did not reboot.

Regards
    Megan

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please try changing firewall integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled", restart the computer and check if the problem's still occurring.

5. Megang

Megang Registered Member

Hi,

Not sure how to do that - all I could find is a temporary disable. When I set that and did a reboot it enabled itself again. If I temporarily disable and try the update without rebooting it doesn't work.

6. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Open your ESET Smart Security -> press F5 -> Network -> Personall firewall -> System integration -> select "Personal firewall is completely disabled" from the drop-down menu as Marcos proposed, restart the system and check the application's behavior.

7. Megang

Megang Registered Member

Hi there,

ok so after opening ESET Smart Security 5 and from the home page - pressing F5 or shift F5 does not bring up anything. If you want me to go into advanced setup then I can but under Setup, advanced personal firewall setup, network, personal firewall but there is no system integration so I'm guessing I need the F5 to work?

8. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey Megang
    Hope that this small guide will help you to find System Integration under the advanced settings, as PR wrote about.

Regards, Janus

Attached Files:

9. Megang

Megang Registered Member

Hi

That helped a lot cause I managed to find it. However it didn't solve the problem so I have turned it back on. Maybe the windows firewall stopped it because I noticed when I restarted I got the windows firewall message and it was previously turned off. Any ideas on what I can try now?

Thanks for your patience and help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.