ESET v4 suddenly will not update.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ianlin, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianlin

ianlin Registered Member

ESET v4 on Win 7 64 bit. Work fine all along. Suddenly will not update. I turned on Test Mode, then it was able to update. Turned off Test Mode stopped working again. Why is this happening? Is it safe to leave Test Mode on?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you prompted for a username and password when you run update manually or what is the exact problem?

3. ianlin

ianlin Registered Member

It says "Update information is not consistent."

4. Marcos

Does clearing the update cache make a difference? Do you have the update server set to "Choose automatically"? If so, does the error occurs with every attempt to update manually?

5. ianlin

ianlin Registered Member

I had not. I tried it after reading your reply. Did not resolve the issue. Yes, choose automatically. Yes, every attempt (with Test Mode off).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  6. Marcos

Do you connect via a proxy server by chance? (usually if you're in a corporate network)

7. ianlin

ianlin Registered Member

I don't have proxy server. I have been updating by alternating turning test mode on and off. Turning on test mode works only once or twice. But I can get update to work again by turnng off test mode. Which in term only works once or twice, then I would need to turn test mode back on.

I have un-installed and re-installed ESS. I have tried the new 4.2 release. No luck resolving this so far.

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Perhaps you could tell us more about the operating environment for your Microsoft Windows 7 x64-based computer, such as the type and configuration of its network connection and any other security software that was previously (or is currently) installed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.