ESET Updating Issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Lloyd6770, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lloyd6770

Lloyd6770 Registered Member

That was the first (and only) time that error appeared. We have a script setup to automatically configure ESET settings upon being installed, and this is the only machine out of about 70 that is having this issue, so I really don't think it's the configuration. I have uninstalled in safe mode per Jesus' request, and reinstalled, and it still has the same issue.

2. Lloyd6770

Worked with Jesus over the phone again. He gave me a file to stop/start the ESET process, which then allowed the update to be successful without having to reboot. He also went in and checked and unchecked the box to get pre-release updates, and we were able to successfully get updates again without rebooting. I will update this thread in a few days with information on if this fix worked longer term.

3. Lloyd6770

The computer is back to the same issue. What does enabling pre-release updates do? Please don't say it enables pre-release updates, I'm looking for more of an explanation than that. :)

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

It's exactly that :)

Pre-release updates are updates which ESET think are ready to be released, but at this stage they want them released only to a limited audience. So by enabling pre-release updates you are potentially getting later versions of components.

It's the same as installing a Windows hotfix, rather than waiting for a service pack. The particular update may not have been as thoroughly tested as the "public" component, it may contain experimental code or debugging code, etc. It's not a beta release, but it's not a "ready for the world" release either.

Jim

5. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

The reason why we enabled it over the phone was so the client can download content and see if it finishes successfully. You have a pm.

Regards,
    Jesus.

6. gsingle

gsingle Registered Member

I have the exact same problem.

It started immediately after I updated the engine 4.2.67.10.

The PC in question is Windows 7 32bit. Memory checks out just fine and I've tried clearing the cache, uninstall/install - nothing helps. Only thing that fixes it (temporary) is a reboot. Very irritating.

I too raised an an ESET support ticket and sent sysinspector output as requested, but I've heard nothing for them in over a month.

I don't think this is an issue with your PC, it’s a bug!

7. Lloyd6770

From what I understand, the user that's having the issue has been having it for quite a while, and just brought it to my attention last month. They were having the issue long before 4.2.67.10 was available.

The other thing that throws me off, is we have probably 6-8 Windows 7 32-bit machines, and only this one machine is having the issue.

8. dagatwork

dagatwork Registered Member

This sounds exactly like the issue I'm having. We're you able to resolve it?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.