ESET Uninstall on Remote Computer

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by chrisattlf, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisattlf

chrisattlf Registered Member

Hello Again,

We are running ERA + ESS at a site and a staff member left the company and i wasn't notified until they had already left (was a good two months before i was actually told). The problem is that ESS is still installed on the ex-staff members laptop and checks in from time to time. The staff member is no longer in the state and i cannot get physical access to the laptop, however, as mentioned, it checks into ERAS from time to time when its brought online. (we have axternal ERAS access enabled for the laptops).

Is there any way of removing ESS from the laptop next time it checks in? I've tried the Remote uninstall option but it appears to need SMB access to the laptop to copy a file over to start the uninstall.

I've done a bit of looking around for a command line i can run to force the uninstall but so far no luck.

Any suggestions?

2. karlisi

karlisi Registered Member

You cannot uninstall in simple way, AFAIK.

My suggestions (perhaps not the best, because potentially it will end with unprotected computer).

Make special group for this client on your ERAS and put it in. Make special policy for this group and in Update setup specify fake user name, so it cannot connect to ESET update servers. Also ensure there is no Setup parameters protection password, so user can uninstall NOD32 if he wants.

Ensure client received new policy and not updated some time, then edit this policy again and change remote administration to disabled. When it will receive new policy, delete client from ERAS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.