ESET UK website - What a shambles!!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guitareth, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Working fine for me in Firefox too.

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Working fine in both Opera and Firefox here in the UK at 21:14 GMT.

3. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Hopefully, we will still be able to access the US site?!?

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

DNS for the UK and USA are completely differently - and there are those of us who do our own DNS for our own sites.... ;)

5. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

The screen shot of the broken page reminds me of what happened to me a while back. Had nothing to do with NOD32 though. Cleared my Firefox cookies and voila, fixed. ;)

6. guitareth

guitareth Registered Member

As I started this thread, I figured I should update it! As of checking from UK Sunday 18 Nov 07 at 14:00 GMT, all pages on the ESET UK website seem to now be accessible and viewing correctly. Those responsible at ESET UK for managing the hosting of their UK website may find the blog at http://www.affiliateblog.co.uk/123-reg-problems-approach-with-care.html very interesting reading, particularly the most recent post of Andrew on Nov 18th, 2007 at 11:52 am. Couple of interesting extracts:

I can only suggest to ESET UK: MOVE YOUR NAMESERVERS ETC AWAY FROM THIS BUNCH OF CLOWNS AS A MATTER OF URGENCY!!!

7. guitareth

guitareth Registered Member

Eliot, your suggestion is appreciated in general terms, but please read the rest of this thread and you'll see it's irrelevant in this instance.

This particular issue has been proven to be nothing to do with local browser problems, and clearing browser cache, cookies etc made no difference at all, and indeed could not ever have made any difference in this instance. The problems were caused by faulty DNS resolutions due to a major problem with 123-Reg.co.uk in the UK whose nameservers the ESET UK site relies upon.

8. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I see that now. Glad you found the culprit. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.