Eset Tweaks

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Angry American, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angry American

Angry American Registered Member

I am a Eset Reseller and I have some users that are still getting infected. Are there any tweaks i can do to the program to help keep out the fake anti virus programs that seem to be plaguing the Internet these days? Also is there anything I can do to set or change the scanning behavior for programs such as Limewire? I have one customer in particular who is a huge limewire user and had 38 infected MP3 files that NOD32 SS did not detect.

I realize that there are tons of 0 day exploits and new versions of the fake AV programs coming out all the time. I just didn't know if there was more I could do for my customers.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You do understand the inherent risks of file sharing.
    As far as the Rogue software issue is concerned, it is the buzz of the security community, you may use ESET's Rogue removal tool for these, specifically.
    For specific infections, you must specify what it is via an obfuscated URL or the name of the Rogue software.

3. Angry American

Angry American Registered Member

I understand the risks, and I let my customers know the risks, some do however still prefer to file share. All I am trying to do is serve my customers better by doing what I can to help protect them. I just didnt know if there were some advanced settings that would help. I know other products do have these features.

Thanks again.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You may instruct your customers, at their own risk and peril, to exclude certain programs from real-time scanning.
    Other security software does pretty much the same as ESET does, you can exlude the P2P ripper software but there are risks.

Edit to add: Rogue software are especially annoying in the context that they goad the user to purchase the software based on totally false information.

Regards,

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.