ESET SysRescue, info. and help please.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by FoxTint, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxTint

FoxTint Registered Member

Hey everyone (New here),:cool:

To clear things up, I'm using Windows XP SP3. (Tablet laptop)
    I got Eset Nod (Paid version) a few months ago, and am extremely satisfied with it, and can find no flaws.
    I recently started looking at all the features of it and came across ESET SysRescue. I got my CD ready, and went to the second step of the process and it said to install something like AIK from the Microsoft site. I always like to look into things I download, and do a lil' research to see if it's safe and legit, or if people are having problems and bad bugs in it which can effect my computer. I couldn't find anything about it, so I came to this site, hoping that someone would now some stuff about it.

After all that, I went onto the MS site, and checked the requirements of this software and saw that it said, and QUOTED:

"System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista

* Windows Vista

* Windows Vista Service Pack 1

* Windows Server 2008

* Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 with KB926044

* Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2

* Windows XP Service Pack 2 with KB926044"

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...34-D890-4932-81A5-5B50C657DE08&displaylang=en

Now, I don't actually see Windows XP on it, but I do see SP2 (BUT, I have 3!)

Any ideas if it's good to install, and it'll work as of the sys. reqs.?

Thank you to anyone that answers and provides assistance! :)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Those are minimum requirements which means that if Windows XP SP2 is listed AIK will install fine on WinXP SP3, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.