ESET SysInspector v1.1.0.97 Release Candidate now available

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by agoretsky, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

[Message edited on April 12th, 2008 to clarify how objects detected by the anti-stealth driver and to state that Windows Server 2008 testing is has not yet been completed. AG]

Hello,

The release candidate for ESET SysInspector, v1.1.0.97, is now available for download. While not an anti-malware program, per se, it can be used to examine malware-affected systems as well as for troubleshooting a variety of issues.

This release contains the following changes:

New Features:
    • Added detection of master boot record (MBR) infecting rootkits, such as Win32/Mebroot.
    • Added Cancel button in Save Log File dialog.
    • Added anti-stealth device driver which dynamically loads at runtime to to detect rootkits and other hidden objects. Items detected using the driver will be assigned a risk level of "9" and shown in red.
    • Added ability to compare two log files (specify two log files on the command line to compare, or run ESET SysInspector, create (or open) a log file and select File→Compare Log from the main menu to compare against the currently-displayed log file).
    • Added command line option /SILENT to suppress display of the progress bar when generating reports.
    • Added command line option /BLANK to start ESET SysInspector without creating (or loading) a log file

Changes:
    • Changed the default format used to save the log file from XML to ZIP-compressed XML (can still be opened by dragging saved XML or ZIP file onto program shortcut).
    • Changed default log file name from "SystemStatusLog" to "SysInspector-%COMPUTERNAME%-YYMMDD-HHMM".
    • Changed program to display license agreement when run (skipped if the EULA file is present in the same folder as ESET SysInspector's program file).
    • Changes to user interface: Cleaned up user interface to fix small issues with font sizes, location of displayed text and so forth.

Fixes:
    • Fixed problem with not opening ZIPped log files when dragged-and-dropped onto an ESET SysInspector shortcut icon.
    • Fixed problem with reporting more than 4GB of memory on 64-bit systems.
    • Fixed problem with viewing log files sent to ESET SysInspector using the SendTo item from the context menu
    • Fixed flickering when resizing ESET SysInspector's display window.

Known issues:
    • ESET SysInspector does not run under Windows Server 2008 Core. Still testing compatibility with other roles.

For more information, or to download a copy, please visit ESET's web site at [font="courier new]http://www.eset.com/esibeta/[/font].

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

3. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Cool! Thanks!

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Hi all,
    I have just tried new version. I got BSOD after I had clicked "Agree". Operating system Windows Vista business. Is there any way how to send dump file? If you want I can upload it. Thanks

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I guess ESET will mostly appreciate your complete memory dump . All you have to do is to contact their HQ in Slovakia (support@eset.sk) and tell them about your problem . They'll give you details how exactly to upload the dump on a server of theirs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.