Eset SS install slows down laptop... why????

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by riverduk, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverduk

riverduk Registered Member

Hi to all,
    my neice has just purchased a new laptop and installed Eset SS onto it on Sunday, since then the laptop has slowed right down and is unusable.
    A check last night revealed that windows firewall is off and that SS is up and working, there is obviously something wrong but I am not tech savvy enough to resolve the issue with a computer that is 1600 ks away from me in the hands of a 16yr old girl.
    The laptop is an ASUS, CPU a i5-450 running windows 7, I would really appreciate any help here or if someone can point me to the info already on the forum on another thread, I would be most grateful,
    cheers, Ross

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling real-time protection temporarily make a difference? If so, could you generate a Process monitor log, upload it somewhere and PM me the link?

3. riverduk

riverduk Registered Member

thanks for that Marcos, yes the laptop did go back to working properly with the Eset SS disabled, my niece then downloaded the process monitor you provided the link for but this is really unfamiliar territory for me and even less so for her.
    She thinks she has done it right as she run the program and a lot of files (?) came up, next question, where does she upload it to and how?
    Sorry , so many questions, I can't understand why she is having problems, she has the same laptop as mine and I had no probs to speak of when I added Eset SS to mine, could the prob actually be her laptop?
    Sorry this is on the thread, tried to PM you but it was unavailable,
    cheers Ross

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.