ESET SS 3 and Microsoft CRM: no go

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by PieterVSTA, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PieterVSTA

    PieterVSTA Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2008
    Posts:
    6
    Microsoft CRM (3.0.5300.0) does not work with ESET Smart Security (3.0.642) installed. The CRM web pages are blocked on Vista (even with the firewall disabled); the CRM contacts in Outlook are inaccessible on WinXP. Outlook (XP or 2007) crashes as soon as you try to access the 'CRM contacts' address book. Only uninstalling ESET SS solves this problem.

    This makes the 30 licenses we bought unusable for us. I lost count on the number of mails I have send to ESET but the only reaction I got was 'we are looking into this' or (on this forum) 'we don't have a problem'.

    As ESET does not seem to know the meaning of the word SUPPORT, I'm hoping that anyone on this forum knows how to solve this.
     
  2. Edwin024

    Edwin024 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2004
    Posts:
    1,000
    I think it would be really wise to contact the company that you bought from (in Holland?) and ask for a refund. This is unacceptable of course for businesses.
     
  3. Marcos

    Marcos Eset Staff Account

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Posts:
    14,374
    Just out of curiosity, does disabling protocol content filtering make a difference?
     

    Attached Files:

  4. shansmi

    shansmi Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Posts:
    130
    I would suggest making both products a bit better by turning off individual parts of ESS to see which one is crashing your system....pick one machine and test the pieces of ESS against MS CRM.......
     
  5. PieterVSTA

    PieterVSTA Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2008
    Posts:
    6
    I'm making progress on the Windows XP/ MS CRM problem. It is something in the Antispam module. Outlook does not crash any more if I disable the antispam option 'add addresses from address book' (I use a Dutch version, I don't know the exact English name).
    The tricky thing is that Outlook seems to look at this option when the program starts. If you change the option in ESET SS, you have to restart Outlook before it works.
    I didn't have a chance to take a closer look to the problem on the Vista system.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.