Eset. Speed of virus lab.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Owner, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Good!It seems to me no matter how fast Eset reacted(or any AV you felt like "having a go at")it would not be fast enough for you!I'm sure that there are incidents of every AV vendor being slightly slow to react to threats now and again(even Kaspersky)overall I doubt if Eset are much worse or much better than most other companies

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  2. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Yes well done to esets fast response this christmas morning; more stration has been doing the rounds today but was stopped by esets update this morning of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.EDN and Win32/Stration.UF :thumb:

Londonbeat

3. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Hii all, "GOOD" news for ESET..
    In 25 decembre I submited Trojan-Agent undetected by nod32.
    Tuday I cheked this file again and... CONGRATULATION ESET.. whata speed !!!
    after 12 days file is still undetected, it's shame :thumbd:

Yes I know you will tell me that this file have less priority than others, but it's virus !!! and if nod32 is ANTIVIRUS it must detect it !!!
    Other AV companys like AVIRA add all kind of new viruses in signatures after 1 day and if you send them unkonw sample by e-mail they always replays, I think it's not because they receive less unknow samples than ESET and it's not because ANTVIR detection is wors than NOD32, it's because they listen to their customers and they want to make ANTIVIR beter...

sorry for my bad english

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Well, if you feel other companies (like Avira) listen to their customers better than Eset then you should use their Av. In my case I've got no complaints. Also responses on the forum are very quick so I feel that they are good listeners.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

It will be better that responses on unknown viruses would quick, not on your questions..

6. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

Why can Kaspersky update every 2 hours..Thats 12 times a day at leasto_Oo_O

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

That doesn't mean that is better than others... ;)

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The higher number of updates does not mean better detection, that's a matter of fact that any AV analyst can confirm it.

The traditional signature based AVs need to issue more updates to catch up with the detection of AVs that use smart and sophisticated algorithms to analyse the code. We'll see in the upcoming AV-comparatives tests how each AV performs.

As for adding signatures for samples, you should understand that each vendor has some priorities. If someone sends an email stating that his PC has been infected with an unknown virus and encloses it as an attachment, I have no problem to force adding a signature for it by contacting the guys in the virus lab.

Having said that, I'm closing this thread to prevent from further trolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.