ESET Smart Security v3.0.672 discussion thread

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by agoretsky, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter026

peter026 Registered Member

Is there an answer to Oblivious' post, as I have the same problem.

2. peter026

peter026 Registered Member

Sorted :thumb:

3. mschell

mschell Registered Member

We've used EAV on a simple P2P XP Pro network the past year with no problems. We just upgraded to Eset SS .672 and are having all sorts of problems with our accounting (Peachtree) and customer contact (Goldmine) software.

The clients appear to be randomly losing the networked drives to the server (also XP Pro, not server OS). Or the clients just lock up. At this point, we are still trying to identify where the problem is.

We've removed Eset SS from the server and a few clients and they are now working properly.

Any suggestions?

4. lanky71

lanky71 Registered Member

Not sure if anyone else has posted this previously but since upgrading to v3.0.672 when i use firefox and start downloading anything the browser locks up dependent on file size for either 15secs to 1 minute... i checked my task manager and erkn at this time when browser locked up is using over 100,000k in mem usage and i have 2gb.

Only way to prevent this is to temp disable antivirus and spyware.

5. dkazaz

dkazaz Registered Member

I have had serious issues with the ESS firewall before running on vista x64 and v.3.0.672 is no exception. On My mixed client LAN, the Vista clients connected to my Vista 64 PC which acts as a file server have serious issues reading and writing files. Writes are incredibly slow and for large files they eventually crash and stop in mid-copy. Disabling the firewall solves the problem which of course is not an ideal solution. The XP and Linux clients on the other hand are fine.

6. henryrcp

henryrcp Registered Member

Hi, one question: Vista UAC block eset gui when start, how solve this bug.
    thx.

7. rawr

rawr Registered Member

I too have this problem with ESS + Firefox 3.0.3. Since my machine is pretty old, I can't even open up task manager when it locks up too see whats causing it. But it does happen randomly, whether the file I'm downloading through Firefox is a couple kb or mb.

Also, another thing I noticed when upgrading to 3.0.672, when you have the 'Automatic real-time file system protection startup' option disabled and you reboot your machine. When ESS reloads up, it says under the 'Protection status' windows that the File-system monitor is malfunctioning. Not quite sure if this is a bug, or if the file-system monitor is "actually" malfunctioning.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The status "malfunctioning" appears if a driver is not loaded.

9. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

I'm throwing my issue in the ring:

Installed ESS trial and my PC just reboots. Once I remove it the problem starts. No issues with the NOD32. Want to tryout ESS however.

10. digitaldreams

digitaldreams Registered Member

Hi

For what it's worth I've been using ESET smart suite for a year or so now. Both XP and Vista 64. No problems whatsoever, easy installs, upgrades and good protection. 3.0.672 installed over the previous version VERY easily.

Many happy customers won't bother to post....

Regards

11. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

What I meant to say was: "Once I uninstall ESS the problem stops."

12. Wallace

Wallace Registered Member

Here's another "happy ESS user".

I have recently moved to ESS (672) from AVG plus Firewall. I had used AVG for many years without problems but since very launched v8 my PC has slowed down. To the extent that even opening folders seen to take ages (well, longer that it should) before the contents were shown.

I tried ESET ESS for a couple of weeks and found a VAST improvement. PC is back at full speed. Of course I completely uninstalled AVG before I installed ESS.

So far I am very happy.

I have a question about the command line scanner. I will ask that in the appropriate place.

13. am_dew

am_dew Registered Member

I am running version 3.0.650.0 without any problems. Can someone give me any good reasons why I should upgrade to this latest version? If it ain't broke, why fix it?

14. stevenz

stevenz Registered Member

sorry if this is the wrong thread.
    i would like to know what the resolve host names does in the connection view setup section?
    is it better on or off,and slower or faster internet, with it on or off?
    thank you.

15. stevenz

stevenz Registered Member

hello again
    i missed the answer to my question about resolve host names in the help section of ess.
    sorry for any inconvenience.
    thank you

16. CookieCrumbler

CookieCrumbler Registered Member

ESet Smart Security is a awesome program. I really liked the firewall, the way you can do things. But it seems like they need to improve detection rates a little more because it missed like 12 trojans..lol, and they werent FP's either.
    Nod32 is superb in memory usage, and its footprint is pwnage. It was a pleasurable experience because it felt professional. But I was looking up VIPRE and i installed it and it was also light on resources. I still don't know what I should stick with. It's either gonna be ESS, VIPRE, KIS, or Avira.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.